Player Discussion Michal Kempny

Madik77

Jun 9, 2006
Hello Caps fans. I am a general hockey fan and my hometown club is Kometa Brno (where Michal Kempny played).
In Czech we have a quite interesting server called "Without phrases..." where people (mostly athletes) can write their stories .... and the last one was written by Michal Kempny. It is very interesting reading so I though you might be interested.

It is quite a long read and unfortunately I don´t have time to translate it but I see that Google translator did quite a good job.

Just one note: "Pat a Mat" is a very old and famous Czechoslovakian cartoon series from 1976 about two loosers who try to do everything and always fail. When Michal Kempny played in Kometa Brno with Radim Bicanek people were calling them Pat & Mat:). Michal is talking about this time in the article.

Here is the link: Jednoduše!

Btw. there are other interesting stories from (former) czech NHL players like Plekanec, Elias, Vrbata or Michalek.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Hello Caps fans. I am a general hockey fan and my hometown club is Kometa Brno (where Michal Kempny played).
In Czech we have a quite interesting server called "Without phrases..." where people (mostly athletes) can write their stories .... and the last one was written by Michal Kempny. It is very interesting reading so I though you might be interested.

It is quite a long read and unfortunately I don´t have time to translate it but I see that Google translator did quite a good job.

Just one note: "Pat a Mat" is a very old and famous Czechoslovakian cartoon series from 1976 about two loosers who try to do everything and always fail. When Michal Kempny played in Kometa Brno with Radim Bicanek people were calling them Pat & Mat:). Michal is talking about this time in the article.

Btw. there are other interesting stories from (former) czech NHL players like Plekanec, Elias, Vrbata or Michalek.
Google translate was pretty rough for me...feel like I'm missing a lot of the personality of his writing. Got the gist of a lot of it though. Pretty cool read and very similar to the players tribune we all enjoy so much.

Madik77

Jun 9, 2006
Yeah, I know. Some phrases are very difficult to translate automatically but I am quite busy at work and it is very long for me to translate as my english is not perfect too. Sorry.

mitchdisaster

Threadkiller
Jan 30, 2007
The Superheater
Google translate was pretty rough for me...feel like I'm missing a lot of the personality of his writing. Got the gist of a lot of it though. Pretty cool read and very similar to the players tribune we all enjoy so much.
I agree, but one thing that does come through is his joy at being here and being coached well. He seems happy to be in D.C.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I've always assumed the big system changes late in the year were Reirden. That was always my biggest issue with Trotz in the previous playoff failures so either he completely changed or Reirden stepped up.

Or Kempny's just talking about the defense side.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I've always assumed the big system changes late in the year were Reirden. That was always my biggest issue with Trotz in the previous playoff failures so either he completely changed or Reirden stepped up.

Or Kempny's just talking about the defense side.

Large assumption....I think we’d all love to know for sure.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
Biggest takeaway was that Quenville jerked him around and destroyed his confidence, whereas, Reiden told him to just go play and don't worry about making mistakes...

Good on TR - it worked

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Biggest takeaway was that Quenville jerked him around and destroyed his confidence, whereas, Reiden told him to just go play and don't worry about making mistakes...

Good on TR - it worked

I mean unless you’re in the room right? You know this how about either team and what happened behind closed doors? If I’ve missed a tell all article or something apologies....

artilector

Jan 11, 2006

Great read, thank you.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
I mean unless you’re in the room right? You know this how about either team and what happened behind closed doors? If I’ve missed a tell all article or something apologies....

I was commenting on the poorly translated "players-tribune-like" article above (Jednoduše!).

Translation is awkward, but what I posted was my simplified paraphrase of Kempnys comments.

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
If he can reach Anton Stralman level he'd be a ridiculous steal at his contract (he is already), could be better than Schmidt going forward considering Schmidt probably gets 5+ next year.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
We were teased about an update on Kemps this past week. Did anyone see anything?

I watch Reirden's presser every day that he has one. He has been saying about the same only that the confirmation is more and more solid that he isn't playing.

Reading between the lines there has been no surgery to confirm that he is out. He has said they have some more testing and evaluating to do. This reads to me like they need some time for his injury to settle before they can assess if there is any chance that he can play on it temporarily before the surgery with treatment and rehab and rest.

This is where they will be til they decide there is no hope and he gets the surgery. I am fairly sure he has a torn knee ligament or two.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am the Kempsie curse. That was my first game of the year and it happened right in front of me, so when his leg gave out I couldn't see it at all behind the boards. And then missed him being helped to the dressing room, watching Kuzy picking up and delivering Killers necklace after his big fight.

At least we had a cup seasoned D in Christian Djoos idling, ready to step into the lineup.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
With Kuzy back from his suspension, we can no longer keep Kempny on simple IR. What is his exact situation? To have 20 (13F/7D) healthy apt skaters under the cap, we have only two options:

1. Dress Kempny (he is 100% ready);
2. LTIR Kempny (he misses the next 11 games or 10 games if LTIR is retroactive).

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
With Kuzy back from his suspension, we can no longer keep Kempny on simple IR. What is his exact situation? To have 20 (13F/7D) healthy apt skaters under the cap, we have only two options:

1. Dress Kempny (he is 100% ready);
2. LTIR Kempny (he misses the next 11 games or 10 games if LTIR is retroactive).

If I am looking at CapFriendly correctly Kempny is currently counted towards the cap so does it matter?

Reactions: Calicaps

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
They are sending waiver exempt players to AHL between games to bank enough space for 22man roster.

I believe there is no chance to field 23man roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad