Confirmed with Link: Michael Rasmussen loaned to Graz 99ers in Austria

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Youre off base here. Even if you dont want to look at it as playing hockey, its still a very specific form of cardio that you cant get from non game play. Why do you think NHLers play beer league type hockey in the summers with the ECHL level players a lot of the time? Even with very low intensity, that is even still better than not skating at all.

So to be in a pro league with high intensity is absolutely better than sitting at home for another 3 months. Do you really think not playing hockey for a full year is better for Rasmussen development than playing professionally somewhere? Come on

Because Ras already came into the league with bad habits. He was use to being able to use big to solve his problems. The AHL was starting to solve those issues. I see going to a league comparable to the ECHL and not terribly far off from the CHL in talent as high risk for regression.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Because Ras already came into the league with bad habits. He was use to being able to use big to solve his problems. The AHL was starting to solve those issues. I see going to a league comparable to the ECHL and not terribly far off from the CHL in talent as high risk for regression.

You are over-analyzing things. Or have just the wrong feeling.

Reactions: newfy

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
You are over-analyzing things. Or have just the wrong feeling.

How am I over analyzing things? He was making solid progress at the AHL level. This is the exact argument people were making when Ras was brought up from the CHL: That him being in the CHL was detrimental to his progression as a player because he was too easily dominating lesser competition because of his physical gifts. It was seen at the NHL level where he looked lost most of the time, and was finally getting better in the AHL where he was being challenged without being in over his head. But he really only had a (partial) season of that. Throw him back to a third rate league there's no reason for him to work on the finer points of his game. The team he's been loaned to won't want him out there trying to play better hockey at their expense, when his physical gifts alone will make him one of the top players on the roster.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Rasmussen was taking for his net front and leadership. He is been learning other aspects of the game. He needs to play with skilled players. Zadina is not a bust , just like Perfetti is not going to be. They both have same problem , need to get much stronger and it will take 4-5 years. Rossi is About NHL ready, Raymond is 1 year away. Any of those kids could make big Mike goal machine . Just be patient

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
You don’t know what you truly have at age 21. Big men have always taken longer to develop. Take Wheeler for example. He did do jack until his 5th year in the league and was taken 5th. So, it is way too early to label the kid a bust.
Ok. I'll wait 5 years til he is Blake Wheeler. Thanks I feel better about the pick now.

Reactions: JustJokinenAround

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad