Prospect Info: Michael Pezzetta - 160th overall (2016 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He has become a huge fan favorite. 4th liners like him are needed. Energy, surprising speed and hands.

He's got to figure out a way to stop passing the puck right to the opposition if he wants to earn a spot in st. Louis's top 12.

But having him on the 4th line would allow us to trade even more vets for much needed futures to try to improve the top 6, draft a number 1 D, and a future number 1 goalie.

I'm comfortable with Pez, Dauphin, RHP, and Ylonen all playing on the 4th line next year or the year after.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I think he has more potential than people think. Hopefully we get to see if that's the case or not
I'd be surprised if his ceiling was more than a very good fourth line energy guy which isn't a bad thing. You never really know though I guess

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I'd be surprised if he his ceiling was more than a very good fourth line energy guy which isn't a bad thing. You never really know though I guess
Energy 4th liners are important to the proper build of a good team. Management still doesn't trust him to play more than 6-7 minutes per game though.

Reactions: JuicyHam

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I'd be surprised if he his ceiling was more than a very good fourth line energy guy which isn't a bad thing. You never really know though I guess

Tied for goals scored with Gallagher, and played three games less lol... not sure that's a testament to how good Pezzetta is, or how shit Gallagher is.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Laraque just said that he would offer him fight lesson for free, I would't be against that !

Nilan was a little guy, but a great defensive fighter. He know how to tie bigger guys up and not take a lot of shots. Could be a good teacher for Pez.

Pez also has some good skills for the modern game. Good speed, good shot, good along the wall, plays with heart. needs to learn to take care of the puck a little better and cut down on the turnovers. easier said than done at the speed of today's game.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Nilan was a little guy, but a great defensive fighter. He know how to tie bigger guys up and not take a lot of shots. Could be a good teacher for Pez.

Pez also has some good skills for the modern game. Good speed, good shot, good along the wall, plays with heart. needs to learn to take care of the puck a little better and cut down on the turnovers. easier said than done at the speed of today's game.
Laraque said that he did it in Edmonton with younger player and not only fighter. He teach them more how to defend and use there hands more then how to win a fight with a KO

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Grit guy all the way! Need this type of glue on any team. Displays pretty good hands also, just needs a little more skill with the dukes, hopefully doesn’t get as bloodied as Terry Harper… one of the guttiest Habs ever!!!

Reactions: montreal

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Not to speak for someone else but I don't think his season really changes things.

It's a great story and he seems like a solid teammate + energy guy, and I certainly think there's team-building value in developing these players internally rather than signing mercenaries, but I don't think him panning out as a generic 4th liner/13th forward is much of a counter to "we shouldn't draft guys with 12/13th forward ceilings because the best case scenario is you drafted a guy you can freely acquire in UFA/waivers".

He's a solid NHLer and a fun story to follow, but Is he better than Adam Brooks? Belzile? Matt Peca? 2nd stint Weise? Etc. Not that a 6th rounder is a huge investment but it's a draft pick where the best case scenario is a guy that's interchangeable and doesn't stand out relative to 6 other forwards even on a last place team.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Good on Pezz for finding a way to the NHL. I can still find him on every NHL roster and in every free agency pool every year.

we have so many unmovable vets in the way unfortunately, so he'll probably have to be a replacement player if he makes the top 13/14 forwards. I'd like to see him on the 4th line every night.

Caufield Suzuki Hoffman
Anderson Dvorak Gallagher
Pitlick Wright Evans
Drouin Poehling Armia
Byron, Pez, T. Pitlick, Dauphin

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Nilan was 6 foot 206 pounds,that's little in your eyes?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Nilan was 6 foot 206 pounds,that's little in your eyes?

By NHL fighter standard, yes.

Guys like Boogard, Parros, John Scott, Colton Orr, Kordic, Stu Grimson, Brashear, Probert are all 2-8 inches taller.

You do have fighters that are 5'10-6'00, like Tie Domi and Tiger Williams, but they are not the norm.

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
By NHL fighter standard, yes.

Guys like Boogard, Parros, John Scott, Colton Orr, Kordic, Stu Grimson, Brashear, Probert are all 2-8 inches taller.

You do have fighters that are 5'10-6'00, like Tie Domi and Tiger Williams, but they are not the norm.
In General,not as a NHL fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad