Prospect Info: Michael Pezzetta - 160th overall (2016 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
As far as what,s going on though.....people never saw this coming. From people who seen him play in Laval. The guy was not producing. Was not as implicated in the play as he is now. Something clicked in the NHL. There is just no way that what we see now can be attributed to a development job in Laval.

So.....will there be some ''at least Dom Ducharme seems to be doing a good job with him? ''

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
As far as what,s going on though.....people never saw this coming. From people who seen him play in Laval. The guy was not producing. Was not as implicated in the play as he is now. Something clicked in the NHL. There is just no way that what we see now can be attributed to a development job in Laval.

So.....will there be some ''at least Dom Ducharme seems to be doing a good job with him? ''
It's all about confidence in his case. The pre-season camp put the idea in his head that he had it in him if he wanted it and he hasn't looked back. Development is a big thing obviously but plain old '' wanting it bad enough'' also plays a part in who makes it in the pros in the end. You have to be able to seize that opportunity when it's there. Xhekaj is another exemple, it's the first time in his life that a door was open for him and he sure took it.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
It's all about confidence in his case. The pre-season camp put the idea in his head that he had it in him if he wanted it and he hasn't looked back. Development is a big thing obviously but plain old '' wanting it bad enough'' also plays a part in who makes it in the pros in the end. You have to be able to seize that opportunity when it's there. Xhekaj is another exemple, it's the first time in his life that a door was open for him and he sure took it.

I like this take. Pezzetta got enough speed to compete in the NHL, he just had to believe in himself a bit, take shots when he gets opportunities, make simple pass and be a bull on the forecheck. He's showing he can do these things.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Agree. The will to compete can compensate for the lack of talent.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hey....I said it's Connor Crisp but in a round that makes more sense....lol. Still Montreal, he's fun to watch, and he is a fine 4th liner for now. But we enjoy him that much BECAUSE there's actually NOTHING else that works. I mean....it's not like he will change the entire complexity of a team. But he is a very very fine 4th liner. That we should keep and obviously not send him through waivers.

One thing that strikes me everytime though....personnally I DO command Timmins for that pick if the guy can keep going and stick around. Still..everytime a 6th rounder makes it somewhere else, we keep hearing how every team passed on him tons of times....and that the team that picked him has no merit as they even passed on him a couple of times too. But in Montreal, it's just plain kudos to Timmins.

I'd just like more consistency. Personnally, I applaud the pick no matter where he is at. No matter who is making it. No matter if they passed on him. If Pezz is a fixture, kudos to Timmins. If Ondrej Palat is a fixture, kudos to Tampa as welll. Well greater kudos based on quality of player....

Crisp had concussion issues that ended his career, maybe he could have been like what Pezzetta is or not, hard to say when concussions f*** things up.

As i've said, any time you get these late round guys to play say 300 NHL games, I'm willing to bet the scouts that were in on him will call that a win. Of course in context there's degrees of win. A Palat you hit it out of the park, grand slam. In an Evans or Pezzetta or a D'Agostini or Sergei Kostitsyn, etc.. you get a win for the scouts. Clearly we wish they hit more of a home run like a Halak or Streit which may be more like a triple depending on how much you like/dislike either the players or Timmins and his staff.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I really hope Gorton and Hughes keep this guy. He is a perfect 4th liner.

Last edited:

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Pez is a beauty. I remember everyone trashing the pick on draft day, but this is exactly what you want to find in the 6th round. He can skate, forecheck, drop the gloves and he's got the full 1970s nutcase look.

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
If ''sleezy cowboy'' counts as a style, then Pezzetta has it in freaking spades :laugh:

Maybe he was a fan of this man?:dunno:

upload_2022-3-4_12-35-0.jpeg

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad