Prospect Info: Michael Keränen (5/22: Signed to 1 year contract)

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's never played in the NHL, and you're projecting him to be a second liner?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
With Stewart gone, Pominville likely to be moved (my speculation) and Coyle at center, RW is looking thin. Schroeder might also want to move on since he's clearly behind Fontaine.

Keranen might develop into a decent 2nd line RW. Because this team needs more skill.

Pominville likely to be moved? Yeah right. Unless he's part of a mega-package, we'll be getting a downgrade back, and Fletch is not doing that yet in win-now mode when we're short on RW. I think it's very unlikely this year.

I could see it happening next year, but doesn't he have a NMC anyway?

Edit: Oops, sorry, off-topic, didn't realize this was the Keranen thread.

To keep it on topic, I don't see him every really playing a major role on this team, especially if he wouldn't be an effective bottom-sixer as some have speculated.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I don't take keeping a player down in Iowa to develop as a negative sign. Fletcher has started to see the benefits of that with guys like Zucker and Scandella.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Detroit is famous for keeping guys in the minors, it's a good strategy. Give the players the solid playing time they need, not 10 minutes a night

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
the wild need to dangle a carrot and give him about 5 games with the big club this season to wet his whistle. you never know when the next gem will shine!

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
It'll be interesting too since we'll have an influx of some talent into Iowa
Wild are shallow at RW, so he will get a look in camp. Especially if Pominville is moved this off-season. Fletcher and he probably had the "come back better, give it a shot, stay for a few months, and if it doesn't work, everybody understands you'll probably head back the Finland.

J22*

Well, I figured this would happen if they were planning on not resigning Haula. Looks like Haula is going bye bye.

How does re-signing an AHL RW have any effect on whether or not they re-sign an NHL center? Also, I guess it's possible that the Wild trade Haula before it happens but, there is zero chance that they're not planning on re-signing him.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Why?

Edit: Decided to just look. People complaining about Suter mostly. :laugh:

I don't know if people think this is supposed to be like a first line signing or what.

I saw the news and I did a fist pump.

Why would you not want more depth and a player with upside?

When I saw him play in Iowa live, it's like what I posted on the FB wall, this dude was the leader in assists on a HORRIBLE team. He needs players to work off of, he's not beating 5 guys and putting it top shelf 75 times a year. I don't know what people expect?

You could see the vision and what he wanted to do live, and sometimes the players he was with were up to the task and sometimes they weren't, but he was one of the better guys out there.

Other than him, I thought Hagel (who can play RW) was a beast and dominated more than any other Iowa player.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
Wild Agrees To Terms With Michael Keranen

The Minnesota Wild has agreed to terms with forward Michael Keranen (pronounced Kear-uh-nin) on a two-way contract for the 2015-16 season.

Full link here.

I'm surprised. I was sure he was bound to KHL for big money. Good signing though, he's got awesome hands, maybe even better than Granlund.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I'm surprised. I was sure he was bound to KHL for big money. Good signing though, he's got awesome hands, maybe even better than Granlund.

I'd love to see some video... I was always under the impression that Keranen relied on his IQ and positioning rather than hands. ;)

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
He must have really liked Iowa...

Didn't really expect him to come back. Not complaining though, depth is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad