Rumor: Michael Frolik has Habs listed as top destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
now that Semin got bought out i think i'd rather sign him for cheap over paying Frolik big money, Semin could probably be locked up for 2-3M.

Last edited:

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
now that Semin got bought out i think i'd rather sign him for cheap rather than pay big for Frolik, Semin could probably be locked up for 2-3M.

I'd imagine other teams may think the same way. Semin was pretty bad. But let's not forget the Canes were just as bad. I'd imagine a player like Semin doesn't enjoy playing, even slightly, for a team that doesn't win.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I'd imagine other teams may think the same way. Semin was pretty bad. But let's not forget the Canes were just as bad. I'd imagine a player like Semin doesn't enjoy playing, even slightly, for a team that doesn't win.

Perhaps not, but he has shown in the past that he's not always the kind of player willing to make the all-out effort to help ensure that his team does win.

Not a guy I would be dying to go to war with.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Perhaps not, but he has shown in the past that he's not always the kind of player willing to make the all-out effort to help ensure that his team does win.

Not a guy I would be dying to go to war with.

Half-assing from Semin >>>>>>> 100% effort from Brian Flynn or Christian Thomas.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
This team desperately needs another 20 goal scorer in the top 6, let alone a 30 goal scorer.

Then Frolik is not the anwser. No way would I pay more then 4.5 for him. Mtl can and need to do much better then Frolik. This team should be looking at top talent. Eberle, Yakupov, Sharp, Kessel, Staal, Skinner, Oshie, Duclair.

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Then Frolik is not the anwser. No way would I pay more then 4.5 for him. Mtl can and need to do much better then Frolik. This team should be looking at top talent. Eberle, Yakupov, Sharp, Kessel, Staal, Skinner, Oshie, Duclair.

One of those guys just doesn't belong on that list!

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Half-assing from Semin >>>>>>> 100% effort from Brian Flynn or Christian Thomas.

Take him on your team then, but be ready to change your user name.

At any rate, Semin is not to be compared to Brian Flynn, unless you want to use Semin in the 13th forward slot. Come to think of it, that might be a good wakeup call for him. :sarcasm:

And I don't know why you brought up C. Thomas, who will not likely be on the roster this year.

The point is that Frolik has the kind of character that can help a group win championships, and in fact, he has already played on one SC winner. Semin, not so much.

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
I'd say 2 to maybe even 3 don't even belong on that list .

Sure, if it's a list of guys the Habs should be interested in, there are a few names that may not belong on the list, for age, contract, or acquisition cost reasons. But Duclair in particular stands out, since every other guy is either a proven NHL point producer or a high first round pick, or both. Every other guy on the list is top flight talent that would help us today.

HABNIKO

Jun 29, 2015
Montreal
Let's sign BIG Eric Staal who's still young at 30. Offer could look like Gallagher + Tinordi + Mc Carron + 2nd pick 2016.
We don't need band aid solutions with another 3rd or 4th line player so we need to act now and fast before we lose to another team with a higher bid which will likely happen.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Let's sign BIG Eric Staal who's still young at 30. Offer could look like Gallagher + Tinordi + Mc Carron + 2nd pick 2016.
We don't need band aid solutions with another 3rd or 4th line player so we need to act now and fast before we lose to another team with a higher bid which will likely happen.

I think we should add Galchenyuk and a first

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Sure, if it's a list of guys the Habs should be interested in, there are a few names that may not belong on the list, for age, contract, or acquisition cost reasons. But Duclair in particular stands out, since every other guy is either a proven NHL point producer or a high first round pick, or both. Every other guy on the list is top flight talent that would help us today.

You guys are right but let's be honest the way Duclair started his NHL career was pretty impressive to me!!! I watched him play two games vs the habs and I swear he looked faster then our entire team except for a few!!

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Frolik getting 5M$ is just gross.

Do
Not
Want

He's a very reliable, hard working player with better than average offense and excellent defensive play. He'd immediately slot in as 2nd line RW, but can also play the other side. He's 27 and may take a marginal discount to play in Montreal.

That's my justification. What exactly is yours?

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal

After watching last years playoffs the one guy you want to trade is Gallagher? And our two biggest prospects?

dreamingofdrouin*

if theres a way to get skinner with a fair price do it...if not...sign semin or williams for cheap and thats all folks

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
He's a very reliable, hard working player with better than average offense and excellent defensive play. He'd immediately slot in as 2nd line RW, but can also play the other side. He's 27 and may take a marginal discount to play in Montreal.

That's my justification. What exactly is yours?

That the amount of money we would have to pay to secure a UFA Michael Frolik is not commensurate with the output he will provide our team on the ice.

Do you think having Michael Frolik as our 2RW would have helped us take out Tampa? He's a nice player but does he really put our team that much closer to the ECF?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
That the amount of money we would have to pay to secure a UFA Michael Frolik is not commensurate with the output he will provide our team on the ice.

Do you think having Michael Frolik as our 2RW would have helped us take out Tampa? He's a nice player but does he really put our team that much closer to the ECF?

Not suggesting he's a savior. A solid addition to the top six. Also getting Sharp would be terrific.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal

I like E Staal but not for Gallagher or Galchenyuk!! however 30 has a lot of mileage given how great he was at the start of his career... Playoffs games and international games his style of play which is hustle heart and soul ultimate leader on most often then none depleted teams makes him a little warned out at 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad