Confirmed with Link: Michael Chaput has been traded to Chicago for Tanner Kero

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I'll take Kero at $750k as the #4 center here (or Chaput at $650k for that matter) over paying old junk like Jay Beagle $2 million.

Really? I'd much rather have a Beagle on the 4th line...

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Like Chaput better than Kero but basically a AHL deal anyways. Both are simply depth players who might serve a turn even there are injuries.

Somewhere Willie sheds a tear.

Reactions: dwarf

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Really? I'd much rather have a Beagle on the 4th line...

Beagle is a better player. Or at least, was a better player.

Paying a 33 y/o 4th line center $2 million is terrible value. Beagle isn't likely to be that much better going forward to justify the price difference.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Beagle is a better player. Or at least, was a better player.

Paying a 33 y/o 4th line center $2 million is terrible value. Beagle isn't likely to be that much better going forward to justify the price difference.

Valid points. But with our abundance ofcap space, I'd much rather have a Derek Dorsett heart and soul player for 2m than an AHL tweener rotating door situation on our 4th line.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Valid points. But with our abundance ofcap space, I'd much rather have a Derek Dorsett heart and soul player for 2m than an AHL tweener rotating door situation on our 4th line.

I'd rather give the job to a cheap young player in the hopes they can grow into a useful asset than shovel money at an old declining player who is just getting one last big payday before retiring.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
It's a trade that's most likely to have absolutely zero bearing on the performance of the Canucks. If you're quibbling over the value of Kero vs. Chaput, you've lost the forest for the trees.

Reactions: Chris R

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
AHL trade. I look forward to Kero being a Canucks roster regular by season's end...as is tradition.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I don't like the negative stuff what Kero gets from you guys in here,... always liked him, good, solid player who skates well,
really, the right fit for you guys, modern NHL looking player.

I think he will play for you not for Utica, you gonna like him, a lot, as your 4th line center perhaps.
- potential for even to 3rd line center position

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Pretty apparent Brackett and the Canuck scouts have been following Kero since his USHL days, and saw him as a better depth player in Utica than Chaput. But hard to see it as anything other than a lateral move.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I don't like the negative stuff what Kero gets from you guys in here,... always liked him, good, solid player who skates well,

I think he will play for you not for Utica, you gonna like him, a lot, as your 4th line center perhaps.
How do you know Kero? Are you a Hawks fan? I admittedly don’t know anything about the kid so I’d appreciate inside. Seems like a nice playmaking center for some of our wingers in Utica but perhaps he has more upside than that?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
How do you know Kero? Are you a Hawks fan? I admittedly don’t know anything about the kid so I’d appreciate inside. Seems like a nice playmaking center for some of our wingers in Utica but perhaps he has more upside than that?

Yes, i'm a Hawks fan.

And honestly think he plays for you instead of for Utica.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Pretty apparent Brackett and the Canuck scouts have been following Kero since his USHL days, and saw him as a better depth player in Utica than Chaput. But hard to see it as anything other than a lateral move.

It's a slightly better move for Utica. In terms of the Canucks, at the end of the day it comes down to usage.

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland

We’ve made a lot of moves for pretty rubbish players and few of us have heard of Kero. It’s hard to give the benefit of the doubt, but I’m not sure why people are complaining about this one. It’s hardly like Chaput set the world alight.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Yes, i'm a Hawks fan.

And honestly think he plays for you instead of for Utica.

Canucks have some centers to compete with most notably Adam Gaudette. Quite possibly, he'll be competing with Granlund, Gagner, and possibly gaunce as well. I also suspect that they might want to try EP as a center at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad