Prospect Info: Michaël Bournival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
man, I forgot about Bourny...

where would he even fit in? 4th line at best?

Really like the guy...absolutely hate the player, he's Russ Courtnall with 10 thumbs, I really hope he gets claimed, time to say adios to Michael.....
too harsh, he has excellent speed (or at least he used to) and a great motor, which both have value on a hockey team.

i just wonder whether he's actually good enough for the 4th line, because (when healthy) our 4th is actually pretty good.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Good young player who still has a shot. Let's face it...the kid can skate, how decent hockey sense and if he can get healthy he will find a spot somewhere.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Bournival will be back. He can skate, he's responsible on the ice, the occasional nice wrister, and he's a real professional who keeps his body in shape.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He's gotta some ways back after what he's been through, but good to have him. Hoping he hits his stride over the ROS.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Didn't think he'd be claimed. The kid's been out too long and needs AHL playing time to find his game only Montreal can provide that. Anyone else would have to play him in the NHL.

He needs to stay healthy. A good addition to St. John's.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
I would have liked to see him get claimed. But I'd guess that was a fantasy.
He can help our AHL team. But sometimes you have an empathy for a player.
Getting taken off waivers would mean someone thinks they have a NHL job
for him.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I would have liked to see him get claimed. But I'd guess that was a fantasy.
He can help our AHL team. But sometimes you have an empathy for a player.
Getting taken off waivers would mean someone thinks they have a NHL job
for him.

Teams don't want to deal with concussed players. I'm sure someone would have claimed him if it was a shoulder injury or something like that.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Teams don't want to deal with concussed players. I'm sure someone would have claimed him if it was a shoulder injury or something like that.

Pretty much.

He's a marginal NHLer at this point, add the concussion and I was pretty sure he wouldn't get claimed.

If he can get back in shape in SJs he could help the Habs down the road. He probably fits better in the current system than playing a crash and bang role type 4th line the last few years.

Plus after passing waivers, I think he is exempt unless he plays like 15 NHL games or spends 45 or 60 days in the NHL...same for Thomas.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
I'm glad he cleared. In the long run I think it will be better for him. He will probably get significant ice time in St John's and he will soon know if he is healthy. If he his, he can continue to develop there rather than getting 5-6 minutes on an NHL team. Bournival is still young and if he shows well in the AHL, the Habs or another team will be happy to consider him for next year.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
man, I forgot about Bourny...

where would he even fit in? 4th line at best?

too harsh, he has excellent speed (or at least he used to) and a great motor, which both have value on a hockey team.

i just wonder whether he's actually good enough for the 4th line, because (when healthy) our 4th is actually pretty good.

You're right, the words I used were a tad harsh :)
I don't trust the player and think that he brings literally zero offence to this team...we have Byron now, at least he can bury the puck and he's just as fast!

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Here's hoping Bournival finds his game in the AHL and returns to the Habs next year. I really think he can be a contributer at the NHL level.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
Of course, no one is going to claim him now. He's too rusty to take someone else's place on a NHL roster.

Eventually he'll probably be called up when someone's hurt, and will get claimed if we put him on waivers again.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
No surprise he cleared. I like Bourni, but he's a pretty mediocre player. I really thought he'd carve out a spot on our roster alongside Plekanec last year or the year before.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I'm a fan of this speed demon...he's not gritty but he can kill teams with his speed. I really hope he gets lots of ice-time in the AHL...he's good depth for our 4th line. Depth is always good.

He's also good for our PK...Byron, Plekanec, Bournival, Pacioretty...with those guys our PK can almost be as lethal as our PP!!

Go Bournival Go!! (stay healthy)

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Bournival was a fast player, but he never demonstrated any signs of being an offensive threat, even for bottom-6 standards.

Now Paul Byron is even faster than him and more talented imo.Honestly I don't remember the last time I've seen a player wearing the habs jersey as fast as Byron.His speed is crazy.

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
So Michael Bournival is skating and he's not injured anymore. (however, he still need the okay from the doctor) Is he done already with the Habs? Can he take any spots on the line-up considering our early injuries this year? 4th line duty for a couple of games could indicate us if he's still the same gritty player.

You guys have any news from him? Now that Semin is gone, what would you do if you had to take a decision about him?

Here is an article about him and that was on November 16 here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad