Prospect Info: Michaël Bournival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Good. That was a nasty injury.

Its a good bet he'll clear (he's not established enough to be claimed on name recognition and is coming back from a bad concussion) and it'll be easier for him to try to find his game in the AHL.

There is not a single player under organizational control that has not been written off by a significant portion of posters on this board.

I don't even remember how he got injured...

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
He's basically a more likable Flynn, but I can understand going with Flynn for experience.

I used to have pretty high hopes for Bournival, I thought he could be a 30+ point getter in the NHL, though, I'm not too disappointed in this move. He's been passed up in the depth chart by a lot of players, hopefully we can get a little value for him and he can get a fresh start with a worse team.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I'm glad, at the very least, that he's back to being healthy and ready to play hockey again.

I hope for our sake he clears just because I think he'd be useful in the AHL. Hard to see too much of an NHL future in him IMO. Maybe as a Flynn type as somebody said, but those aren't hard to come by.

Hard to imagine someone picking him up after missing so much time with concussion problems but you never know. He's cheap at least.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Glad to hear he's healthy again. Hopefully he'll have a good year in the AHL and be back fighting for a spot with the Habs next Fall.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
He won't be claimed on the way down, but he will on the way up because that would mean he's healthy and good enough to play for one of the top team.

Or maybe I missed something? Maybe that claiming when call up doesn't exist anymore?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
He won't be claimed on the way down, but he will on the way up because that would mean he's healthy and good enough to play for one of the top team.

Or maybe I missed something? Maybe that claiming when call up doesn't exist anymore?

Correct. No more re-entry waivers.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
Long story short: He was with the big club when he got injured, he have to pass through the waivers to be reassigned to the AHL.

Spoiler: he will clear.
Probably a safe bet nobody is going to claim a guy just back from a injury. Unlike a trade you can't cancel a waiver pickup, because the guy can't pass his physical.
Correct. No more re-entry waivers.
Another reason to pull the trigger now. He pass because of the injury, later he can be recalled and sent down at will, I believe for the whole season.

Last edited:

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
It sucks because he was pretty decent during his first year.

I don't think he has a future with the Habs and mostly, he needs to regain his groove in the AHL.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
It sucks because he was pretty decent during his first year.

I don't think he has a future with the Habs and mostly, he needs to regain his groove in the AHL.

Yes he was, for what he is. Real good work ethic, forechecks like crazy and skates well. Lacks scoring ability, no hands.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yes he was, for what he is. Real good work ethic, forechecks like crazy and skates well. Lacks scoring ability, no hands.

I'm guessing that if they had to put him through waivers, he was nowhere close to being that player again. As someone posted earlier, the availability of a Paul Byron with a similar skillset, did not help his cause.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Probably a safe bet nobody is going to claim a guy just back from a injury. Unlike a trade you can't cancel a waiver pickup, because the guy can't pass his physical.

Another reason to pull the trigger now. He pass because of the injury, later he can be recalled and sent down at will, I believe for the whole season.

Nah you can't be placed on the waivers if you are injured, that's the only reason he was still with the team after all this time. So he was cleared to play.

If he get recalled then send down again, standard waivers rules apply, Bournival is not exempt anymore.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I'm guessing that if they had to put him through waivers, he was nowhere close to being that player again. As someone posted earlier, the availability of a Paul Byron with a similar skillset, did not help his cause.

I wonder if the Flames will pick up Bournival to replace Byron :naughty:

Oct 22, 2012

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
This doesn't say anything about bournoval except he's been out so long a conditioning stint isn't enough time.

He will play in AHL and its best place for him to gain his confidence and timing back. If he's no longer a hab when all is said and done then so be it but this is the path he needs to take.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
glad he's healthy and should be a good addition for the IceCaps as they need forwards right now. Would be shocked if he got picked off waivers after a major concussion injury.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
I'd be curious how well he does in the AHL at this point. In his 15 games there over the past 2 seasons he had 5 goals and 12 points in 15 game and was putting more that 3 shots on net per game. If he's reasonably on form I could see him doing very well in St. John's top six, particulary if he fills in Andrighetto's spot as a top line wing.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Bournival could be a useful player on a bottom tier team like the Leafs or Oilers.

im pretty sure the Leafs wanted bournival with thomas for franson in a rumored deal last year.

So maybe they pick him up. For a team on the main boards asking to fix the bottom 6 of the Oilers. bournival would be able to help you. Fast, defensively dependable, and great on the forecheck. At one point he was on Montreal's 2nd PK wave.

One of these teams picks him up.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So, from this thread, looks like the suitors might be:

1. Edmonton due to a bottom 6 need and ability to roster him;

2. Colorado, since they had him previously and may still value him based on what they saw him do with the Habs when healthy;

3. Taranna, cause there was rumored interest in him at the time the Habs were pursuing Franson;

4. Flames, out of pure spite, cause we nabbed Byron. :sarcasm:

Well, good for him if he gets picked up. He sounds like a great guy, very personable and humble. I wish him well whatever happens. Main thing is that he's healthy.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Want to know what he could do in a full AHL year as he seems to be capable of putting near PPG there with his speed

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Really like the guy...absolutely hate the player, he's Russ Courtnall with 10 thumbs, I really hope he gets claimed, time to say adios to Michael.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad