Trade: [MIA/SF] Dolphins trade 3rd pick to 49ers for 12th pick, 2022 3rd, 2022 1st & 2023 1st

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Maybe they didnt want to go back to 12
Jets have a lot of needs, so I can't see any of Sewell, Chase, etc. being worth 2 first round picks in the 20's over the next 2 seasons. You saw what Miami did and move back up. At Tackle Slater from Northwestern is a good option. Waddle at WR should be there. Any other defensive player would be around the top rated guy at the position except if Fairley is taken before 12 at CB.

When they moved up from 6 to 3, price was 3 second round picks. Miami ended up getting 2023 first and 2022 third for moving down. A first and third is the same as 2 seconds given that these were 2 high seconds whereas the first and 3rd are likely to be later in their rounds.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That makes a ton of sense when you put it like that:

Jags: Lawrence
Jets: Fields
Niners: QB
Falcons: ?
Bengals: Sewell
Dolphins: Pitts or Smith

Definitely seems like a well calculated gamble by the Dolphins brass. The only wild card there according to conventional wisdom is Atlanta. Everyone else has a clear need or way experts think they'll go.
ATL, it's a cap thing for them with Ryan. The dead cap from moving him will be insane. Almost stuck with him for 2021 and 2022 seasons.

Reactions: Voight and 93LEAFS

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
The more i mull on this the more I can't believe SF did this. Quite the price (and gamble) to pony up for 9 spots. Wilson and Fields both have question marks.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I just have a feeling Miami in 2021 can be a legit playoff contender, they were close last year. There are pieces there, all about Tua development.

Im pulling for him, he just needs some patience.
The Bills fan in my doesn't like you anymore :laugh:

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
The more i mull on this the more I can't believe SF did this. Quite the price (and gamble) to pony up for 9 spots. Wilson and Fields both have question marks.

You know the one QB that doesn't have many question marks and fits the Physical attributes that Kyle loves in a QB? Mac Jones. He's not as flashy and his ceiling is not as high but outside Lawrence and Wilson he is probally the most ready QB.

Reactions: Voight

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
You know the one QB that doesn't have many question marks and fits the Physical attributes that Kyle loves in a QB? Mac Jones. He's not as flashy and his ceiling is not as high but outside Lawrence and Wilson he is probally the most ready QB.
He may not have been therr at 12 but 100% would have been there at 6 though which lends me to believe they are going after fields/wilson/lance if they didnt decide to deal with philly directly.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Still kinda nuts all of this happened off a guy falling in the draft because a video of him getting ripped with a bong mask lol.

God bless Tunsil. Good sport while he was in Miami to the point he even said "yeah i'd trade me for that too," got himself a fat payday with the texans and is still one of the better tackles in the game. Wish him nothing but the best.

Reactions: Voight

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Maybe they didnt want to go back to 12
The Jets are drafting a QB. It is official now. The only thing that could 'potentialy' happen is that the Panthers or Atlanta go crazy and make the largest offer in draft history to move up!

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
They are not wrong.

He will stay.... one more year to groom their next QB who is most likely Trey Lance. Who will most likely sit a year.
I doubt it. Why is Jimmy going to hang around or be okay with that just to be booted out the door in a year?

He also has a big cap hit the 9ers could use to free up space and better their team.

Plus the 9ers need to recoup some of the draft capital they traded away, best way to do that is to trade Jimmy and get some pick(s)

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I doubt it. Why is Jimmy going to hang around or be okay with that just to be booted out the door in a year?

He also has a big cap hit the 9ers could use to free up space and better their team.

Plus the 9ers need to recoup some of the draft capital they traded away, best way to do that is to trade Jimmy and get some pick(s)
Is there anyone left in the final wave of FA for the 49ers to invest that money in? That’d be more valuable than keeping Jimmy G for the year? They’ve got enough cap for their picks.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Is there anyone left in the final wave of FA for the 49ers to invest that money in? That’d be more valuable than keeping Jimmy G for the year? They’ve got enough cap for their picks.
They’re looking to give Warner an extension, but aren’t in need to shed salary after Ford restructured.

They don’t need to immediately trade Jimmy. He and the team are in a good position going forward and it won’t be ugly.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
How valuable is Jimmy though if he is pissed about having his replacement drafted and now is being told he needs to bring this guy along only to be let go at the end of the year? I see why the 9ers would want it to happen like that, but I dont see it going down like that or Jimmy being okay with it.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
How valuable is Jimmy though if he is pissed about having his replacement drafted and now is being told he needs to bring this guy along only to be let go at the end of the year? I see why the 9ers would want it to happen like that, but I dont see it going down like that or Jimmy being okay with it.
They’ll make sure Jimmy gets sent to a good situation when the time is right.

It could be an issue, but I don’t see it becoming one. I think they’re simply between what they have and what they’ll get and will have a path after they make their pick.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

Yeah, maybe he will play crappy and unmotivated like Aaron Rodgers

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
For Jimmy, the only way he makes the kind of money he is set to make this coming season is with the SF. If he were to get cut or traded (on a restructured contract), he wouldn't make as much since he couldn't stay healthy in 2/3 seasons as the starter missing over 20 games for those 2 seasons.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad