Trade: [MIA/SF] Dolphins trade 3rd pick to 49ers for 12th pick, 2022 3rd, 2022 1st & 2023 1st

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
What a haul.

Dolphins now have basically turned their former LT Laremy Tunsil who they traded to Houston into four first-round picks and a third-round pick

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So Miami trades down only to immediately trade back up.

Not sure I understand but Grier and Flores have shown they have an idea of what they're doing so sure lol

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Not sure I understand but Grier and Flores have shown they have an idea of what they're doing so sure lol

So who can Miami get at 6?
They need OL, WR, probably some defense.

I think the need would be WR though.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

When you add them together, Miami moves down three spots and still gets a nice haul. It tells you they weren't looking at a QB.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So who can Miami get at 6?
They need OL, WR, probably some defense.

I think the need would be WR though.

Logic would say the most glaring need right now is a WR to put besider Parker. OL needs work but in theory you can scheme around that with Tua and his mobility.

I'm honestly not sure what the plan is. For all we know they got another blockbuster cooking or the more likely and benign explanation is there's someone they really like around that pick range

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
When you add them together, Miami moves down three spots and still gets a nice haul. It tells you they weren't looking at a QB.

I don't think anyone seriously believed they were gonna draft a QB but that's still a valid point.

QB via trade? Definitely thought it was possible but never did I think they would go full smooth brain and draft one again

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I don't think anyone seriously believed they were gonna draft a QB but that's still a valid point.

QB via trade? Definitely thought it was possible but never did I think they would go full smooth brain and draft one again

I just have a feeling Miami in 2021 can be a legit playoff contender, they were close last year. There are pieces there, all about Tua development.

Im pulling for him, he just needs some patience.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

And Miami also knows by doing this trade the pick they had will be used on a QB, so that helps keep the player they want on the board when they see the first three picks all go QB.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

The only non Tua QB the Dolphins were probably looking at was Watson, who’s a moot point now.

I just don’t get this deal for the Niners, they’re really that high on Fields? It looks more like Wilson is the sure #2 pick from whoever is there, and nobody is spending three firsts to move up nine spots for a non QB

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Simple, they get two extra firsts and still add an elite skill position player (Smith or Pitts), if you go off the premise three QB’s and the tackle are among the top five picks.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Wilson and Fields are the names that will pop up the most, but I bet SF takes Trey Lance if the Jets don’t.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Simple, they get two extra firsts and still add an elite skill position player (Smith or Pitts), if you go off the premise three QB’s and the tackle are among the top five picks.
With the deal with Philly they move down 3 spots to gain 1 extra first in 2023 and an extra third round pick is how it nets out.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

That makes a ton of sense when you put it like that:

Jags: Lawrence
Jets: Fields
Niners: QB
Falcons: ?
Bengals: Sewell
Dolphins: Pitts or Smith

Definitely seems like a well calculated gamble by the Dolphins brass. The only wild card there according to conventional wisdom is Atlanta. Everyone else has a clear need or way experts think they'll go.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Wilson and Fields are the names that will pop up the most, but I bet SF takes Trey Lance if the Jets don’t.

I heard an interesting take on NFL Network Radio this morning. The 49ers take Lance, keep Jimmy and allow Jimmy to play out the 2021 year and they groom Lance in the system mainly because he didn't play very much last season. I still think Jimmy G is getting traded but that is not too bad of a strategy going forward. I am still hoping they get Fields though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Garoppolo should be forcing his way out as soon as possible. I’m not signing on for being a placeholder when the 49ers are going to feel they should be in position to make the playoffs.

I would still bet against the 49ers taking Lance but I’m cool on Lance anyways. Now you’re talking about a QB not playing for 2 years. At least. And having played FCS.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Wonder if the 9ers have talked with Saleh and know they are keeping Darnold and not going QB at 2

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Wonder if the 9ers have talked with Saleh and know they are keeping Darnold and not going QB at 2

If the Jets aren’t going QB they should have been all over this deal. I’m sure it was offered, the fact the Jets passed tells you they’re sticking around for a QB

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
If the Jets aren’t going QB they should have been all over this deal. I’m sure it was offered, the fact the Jets passed tells you they’re sticking around for a QB
It was leaked today by rappaport I think that wilson is going to the jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad