Speculation: Mez for erat?

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Chill with the age thing. The Flyers are an extremely young team. If you can sign Dan Boyle for a year maybe 2 for a reasonable price, you do it. He'll step in and probably be the best defenseman on the team. From what I've seen, he hasn't shown his age very much.

Sorry but I'm still shell-shocked from the Flyers having aging players with huge contracts from previous years. God forbid Boyle becomes another Pronger...don't get me wrong I love Prongs but his cap hit is on the books for long time yet(2016-17). That's why the 35yr old rule scares me now but if we can get Boyle for 2 years...maybe?

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Sorry but I'm still shell-shocked from the Flyers having aging players with huge contracts from previous years. God forbid Boyle becomes another Pronger...don't get me wrong I love Prongs but his cap hit is on the books for long time yet(2016-17). That's why the 35yr old rule scares me now but if we can get Boyle for 2 years...maybe?

Oh for sure I understand your concern. I just get a bit agitated when people constantly bring up age as a main reason why a guy shouldn't be signed. There are people I've spoken with who would rather give a D spot to a guy like Oliver Lauridsen, who if he meets his projection ceiling , is still not as good as a guy like a 38 year old Dan Boyle.

If the money and years are right, I say who cares about age?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
would be shocked if they let Dan Boyle go. they have nothing in Worcester that could replace what he brings to that team.
He seems to be a guy who would take a discount to stay in SJ and finish his career.

They may just move Burns back to D really... 40-50 point dman when fit who can do a great job on PP and be decent defensively. He is not Dan Boyle but could replace a lot of what they are going to lose.

CTU2fan

Jul 12, 2009
Don't really see a spot for Erat. Flyers have a pretty set top-9, with 4 RW's in it to boot. Pretty sure Erat is yet another of those Euro wingers who insist on playing the off-wing, so that's a 5th RW to find a spot for. Not really a fit. Add in that he's on his 2nd trade request in a year and I'm thinking diva at best, selfish chemistry-killer at worst. And for this we'd clearly have to significantly add to Mez to get it done. No thanks.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
hes been kind of poor so far this year hasnt he?
isnt he also concussion prone?

Yeh, I am a real Girardi fan, the guy is awesome. Worked damn hard to get to where he is as well... but he has been poor this year.

I duno about any injury worries... the guy is an iron man, he has missed like 4 games since sticking in the NHL. (06-07)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad