Speculation: Mez for erat?

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
this isn't speculation, this is a proposal. you got me excited.

and erat is more valuable than a cap dump +

Flyersfan731

Oct 23, 2013
this isn't speculation, this is a proposal. you got me excited.

and erat is more valuable than a cap dump +

Yea sry not good with the prefix but caps good use the help on D sure he's a glass house. Flyers can retain a lil

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
We really have no room for Erat to play, our top 9 is pretty set. He's also signed for another year at $4.5M, I rather just wait for Mez to come off the books this summer.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
I would rather trade Mez for a 7th round pick so that we can gain some cap space this year as well as not adding another contract for next season

Flyersfan731

Oct 23, 2013
We really have no room for Erat to play, our top 9 is pretty set. He's also signed for another year at $4.5M, I rather just wait for Mez to come off the books this summer.

That's most likely what will happen don't really care for Hartzy tho. And weren't the flyers looking for a great forward a couple of weeks ago?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If this was a precursor to a Hartnell trade to the Western conference I'd be in favor of it.

It's just amazing that Mesz has become what he is today.....a nonfactor

Turns out shoulders are pretty important for a hockey player.

If he had only suffered the back and ACL injuries I think he'd be fine.

Flyersfan731

Oct 23, 2013
I would rather trade Mez for a 7th round pick so that we can gain some cap space this year as well as not adding another contract for next season

I doubt anyone take his 4mil cap and I say a 4th that becomes a 3rd if he plays like half the games with the team he go's too

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse

True but the Flyers will probably dump Timonen's salary due to his retirement(if he goes that route) which saves I think around $6mil cap hit. I'm not sure this money should be spent on another forward but rather a solid young Dman. With Meszaros gone it will free up another $4mil so that should leave the Flyers at least $10mil to play with plus the cap going up as well. Is Erat really worth it though?

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
If this was a precursor to a Hartnell trade to the Western conference I'd be in favor of it.

Don't forget the achilles tendon....and so forth

Flyersfan731

Oct 23, 2013
True but the Flyers will probably dump Timonen's salary due to his retirement(if he goes that route) which saves I think around $6mil cap hit. I'm not sure this money should be spent on another forward but rather a solid young Dman. With Meszaros gone it will free up another $4mil so that should leave the Flyers at least $10mil to play with plus the cap going up as well. Is Erat really worth it though?

What's the free agent market look like next year

Evergreen

Erat has been bad, but the Caps could get more for him than a pricey healthy scratch like Mez. Where would Erat even fit into our lineup anyway? The whole reason he wants out is that he is getting low minutes and not being put in offensive situations.

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek ------------Giroux has finally started to get going
Schenn - Lecavalier - Simmonds ------These guys have been solid together
Read - Couturier - Downie --------------Ain't breaking this line up
Rosehill - Hall - Rinaldo -----------------Would love to bump Rosehill out of the lineup, but Erat isn't a 4th liner and the whole point in requestion a trade is to go to a team where he'd play a top 6 role

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

I'm pretty sure the back and knee injuries were just as bad. His stride makes it look like he's laboring just to skate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad