Speculation: Mez for erat?

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Erat isn't exactly a good team player and would be in Berube's dog house in no time.

As long as our forwards stay healthy there is on room for him in the top-6.
He would come cheap though - they have no leverage in negotiations with a player asking for a trade via press. A mid round pick or mid level prospect is all they can ask for and who knows if there are even better offers on the table than Mesz + at this point. 4.5M AAV is hefty for a player who has become a cancer - they may even add to get rid of him at some point.

Last edited:

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
how many teams are banged up on defense and have nothing but garbage in the minors.

If they were willing to retain some of his salary, someone would almost certainly take a chance on a 28 year old two-way defenseman who has scored 30+ points 4 times in his career.
Low risk high reward on an expiring contract. It's his salary that scares people away...and his injury history of course...

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
how many teams are banged up on defense and have nothing but garbage in the minors.

I'm with this thought...how has Mesz not even been requested. Unless Holmgren legitimately thinks he can get better value than some mid-late picks. I have to believe teams have called.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
While I would do it in a heartbeat, is there really any room on the Flyers for Erat?

Yes. So long as he doesn't mind being a 4th liner, and so long as we don't get furious about having a 4.5 million dollar 4th liner. Though I guess 4.5 mil on the 4th line is better than 4 mil in the pressbox.

He's a huge improvement over Raffl or Rosehill.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
If they were willing to retain some of his salary, someone would almost certainly take a chance on a 28 year old two-way defenseman who has scored 30+ points 4 times in his career.
Low risk high reward on an expiring contract. It's his salary that scares people away...and his injury history of course...

I'm with this thought...how has Mesz not even been requested. Unless Holmgren legitimately thinks he can get better value than some mid-late picks. I have to believe teams have called.

i really think the only way they can move him is if the Flyers eat some of that contract. I think teams may have called. Hard to say if Holmgren has said no to any offer or he is waiting on a desperate team to offer up a 2nd rounder for him around the deadline.
In all honesty I would be shocked if they got more than a 4th for him. Right now his value is at a alltime low. Everyone sees what he is right now.
I would bite the bullet and eat some of the salary and deal him for a midlevel pick.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Erat is pissed because he's not getting a chance to score in WSH. He would be in the same position.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
ummm hes still a factor, that bum is eating up a roster slot to sit in the godam presser..

there must be a team we can offload him onto..

even for dirty towels and used/chipped pucks..

True but at least in a pinch he is much more serviceable than Walker who was completely useless...

Jumping

Jun 17, 2010
Atlanta Ga
Yes. So long as he doesn't mind being a 4th liner, and so long as we don't get furious about having a 4.5 million dollar 4th liner. Though I guess 4.5 mil on the 4th line is better than 4 mil in the pressbox.

He's a huge improvement over Raffl or Rosehill.

Agreed because, also, there will be an injury at some point on the top 9.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He's still very young and would bring 10x more offense on the back end than anyone currently on our roster.

Not really, he's like what Mike Green used to be back in the day without the crazy offensive production.

It would be hilarious to see people's reactions of him if he played here. He would be in the doghouse from day 1.

Damaged Goods

Feb 26, 2009
Philadelphia
Erat has a NMC and he's unhappy that he isn't being used in a top-6 role. The Flyers don't have a spot in the top-6 (or top-9) open. There's no deal here unless the Flyers move out a top-6 winger. Erat will be traded somewhere else that can more easily accommodate his wishes.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Boyle is too old, he's going to be 38yrs next season and is making 6+mil a year....Flyers need to stay away from these aging Dman and I doubt he's going to take a large pay cut.

Chill with the age thing. The Flyers are an extremely young team. If you can sign Dan Boyle for a year maybe 2 for a reasonable price, you do it. He'll step in and probably be the best defenseman on the team. From what I've seen, he hasn't shown his age very much.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I would like to get out of Hartnell's contract. I'm scared of what he's going to be like four or five years from now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad