Confirmed with Link: Meyers Re-Signed(1x$775k)

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I can't wait for the inevitable injuries to hit and we roll Drouin-Meyers-MacDermid as our 4th line in December

He's mostly likely getting traded to Arizona with a distant 2nd rounder and a 3rd for Zucker @ 50% anyway

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
We can get a decent player at a $4m caphit (assuming that other team retains 50% for us). Looking at Columbus since we already did our Montreal trade, Roslovic seems likely (pending UFA next summer).
If the price is not bad I would approve that deal.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We can get a decent player at a $4m caphit (assuming that other team retains 50% for us). Looking at Columbus since we already did our Montreal trade, Roslovic seems likely (pending UFA next summer).

Yeah they can... That sort of trade is likely a deadline deal though. And who knows what kind of LTIR space we might have by then.

I still think the one last deal we have left in us before camp is going to be Tatar for around $1.5M.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Doubtful. But I don't think it's far off honestly, so long as RyJo and Colton play to the levels they're capable of.

Probably needs one more Top 9 winger(To bump LOC down) and a 4C to move Meyers down.

Between now and the trade deadline I expect both of those needs to get filled tbh.
How comfy is everyone that Ryjo is the 2C and Drouin is playing on the top line? I dont want to get my hopes up by Ryjo has put up great numbers recently

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

RampoSanta

Landy was not offside
Apr 1, 2021
Colorado
This technically fills the roster out now to start the season:

Drouin - Mack - Nuke
Lehky - RyJo - Mikko
Wood - Colton - LOC
Cogs - Meyers - Olofsson

Toews - Makar
Byram - Girard
Johnson - Manson
MacDermid

George/Frank

$2.025M left in LTIR space.

Though I do think we see at least one more move still. But this could very well be the opening night roster with 2 more AHL guys(Malinski or Hunt being one of them) to fill out the 23 man roster.
I like to look at it more like $2.8M to find something that slides Olofsson off the opening night roster. 4C or stronger 9F would be my choice

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
How comfy is everyone that Ryjo is the 2C and Drouin is playing on the top line? I dont want to get my hopes up by Ryjo has put up great numbers recently
Drouin doesn't bother me too much because he's a winger and just not that important... Even still he's been a 0.5 PPG player his entire career so I would expect if he stayed healthy all year(Doubtful) that his baseline is likely 45 points for us which is fine, replaces ERod essentially from an offensive standpoint.

RyJo is very concerning in that if he doesn't work at 2C(Which is very possible) then we are pretty much f***ed. And 3 of his last 4 years he's been very bad and is coming off a significant injury this year... So there's a lot of risk that it doesn't work at all here and we're pretty much screwed if that's the case.

However, I am optimistic that the trade and joining a cup contender lights a fire underneath him and he bounces back in a positive way for us next year.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So what’s the remaining cap space for the Avs? Capfriendly says 2 mill but don’t think that’s accurate

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Send macdermid out of here and we'd be closer to 3m in cap space
I know KMac is here for face punching, but it'd be cheaper to keep Hunt up as the designated nacho eater. I like him more as a defensemen than KMac and he wasn't complete trash when inserted on the 4th line either. It's a savings of 225,000.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Send macdermid out of here and we'd be closer to 3m in cap space
Macdermid's positive influence on this team was when he could fight, defend our players and have other team be scared to do any anything dumb but once he got knocked out last time I saw him fight I knew that it was all over for him. Just like Landy in his early years I was so glad he did not drop his glows against Lucic way back when in Boston.

Reactions: Alienblood

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
That is accurate
I’m not sure how. After they signed Colton it was 2.8 remaining. They just signed Kovalenko and Meyers for 1.6 or 1.7 combined. I’m not math genius but that should leave the Avs with like 1.1 mill

RampoSanta

Landy was not offside
Apr 1, 2021
Colorado
So what’s the remaining cap space for the Avs? Capfriendly says 2 mill but don’t think that’s accurate
Only accurate in so far as you see Olofsson on 4W on opening night. But the other side of the coin is they have a filled out roster now... Hopefully more signings displace the Olofsson and MacD down out of the picture

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
It took so friggin' long to sign 1 year at league minimum. He likely wanted more but had no leverage and the Avs didn't budge.

I hope they didn't promise him anything last year when they were trying to seduce him to come here.
He definitely lost his leverage when he got taken out on the HF Avs elimination game. Timing checks out.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I have less concerns about Drouin because hes a winger. The Avs desperately need RyJo to succeed because if he cant hack it as the 2C Avs need to figure something else out. Im hopeful RyJo can put up 50+ points.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I have less concerns about Drouin because hes a winger. The Avs desperately need RyJo to succeed because if he cant hack it as the 2C Avs need to figure something else out. Im hopeful RyJo can put up 50+ points.
I think that'll mostly depend on who Bednar has as his line mates and where he's at on PP1. If he's getting Mikko and Nuke while being the screen on the PP. I could see him putting up 65+ easy. If he's got JD and Lehky while playing the bumper..... I don't like those odds.

Deadsy

May 8, 2021
I’m not sure how. After they signed Colton it was 2.8 remaining. They just signed Kovalenko and Meyers for 1.6 or 1.7 combined. I’m not math genius but that should leave the Avs with like 1.1 mill
Kovalenko is not on the roster as he was loaned back to Torpedo.

Reactions: the_fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad