Confirmed with Link: Meyers Re-Signed(1x$775k)

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This technically fills the roster out now to start the season:

Drouin - Mack - Nuke
Lehky - RyJo - Mikko
Wood - Colton - LOC
Cogs - Meyers - Olofsson

Toews - Makar
Byram - Girard
Johnson - Manson
MacDermid

George/Frank

$2.025M left in LTIR space.

Though I do think we see at least one more move still. But this could very well be the opening night roster with 2 more AHL guys(Malinski or Hunt being one of them) to fill out the 23 man roster.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Is Cogs 100% ready to start the year?
Who knows if anyone is, there’s always one surprise at camp at least. I’m not worried about him though, he was out at the practice facility on the ice the other day.

Seriously they have to do better than Meyers at 4C or else the 4th line is going to get ghosted again.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It took so friggin' long to sign 1 year at league minimum. He likely wanted more but had no leverage and the Avs didn't budge.

I hope they didn't promise him anything last year when they were trying to seduce him to come here.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Cake Malar

Oct 14, 2017
It took so friggin' long to sign 1 year at league minimum. He likely wanted more but had no leverage and the Avs didn't budge.

I hope they didn't promise him anything last year when they were trying to seduce him to come here.
The sticking point was probably AHL salary. The full details of the contract haven't been released yet.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Drouin - Mack - Nuke
Lehky - RyJo - Mikko
Wood - Colton - LOC
Cogs - Meyers - Olofsson

Toews - Makar
Byram - Girard
Johnson - Manson
MacDermid

George/Frank

Though I do think we see at least one more move still. But this could very well be the opening night roster with 2 more AHL guys(Malinski or Hunt being one of them) to fill out the 23 man roster.
Is this a stanley cup winning roster?

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado

Drouin - Mack - Nuke
Lehky - RyJo - Mikko
Wood - Colton - LOC
Cogs - Meyers - Olofsson

Toews - Makar
Byram - Girard
Johnson - Manson
MacDermid

George/Frank

Technically doing a lot of heavy lifting here.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Is this a stanley cup winning roster?

Doubtful. But I don't think it's far off honestly, so long as RyJo and Colton play to the levels they're capable of.

Probably needs one more Top 9 winger(To bump LOC down) and a 4C to move Meyers down.

Between now and the trade deadline I expect both of those needs to get filled tbh.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Man, I could've sworn his QO was higher than this.

Capfriendly shows last year's cap hit as 912,500, with a base of 832,500. I thought QO's had to be 105% of previous base if between 660,000 and 1,000,000.

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
One way deal for Meyers. Don’t think they’re sticking him in the AHL, but we’ll see

Or they are, and this was part of why a one year league minimum deal took so long to get done.

The Avs want him in the AHL to start and wanted him on a 2-way deal for that reason. Meyers didn't want to go to the AHL and if he does he wants his NHL pay.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com

Drouin - Mack - Nuke
Lehky - RyJo - Mikko
Wood - Colton - LOC
Cogs - Meyers - Olofsson

Toews - Makar
Byram - Girard
Johnson - Manson
MacDermid

George/Frank

We can get a decent player at a $4m caphit (assuming that other team retains 50% for us). Looking at Columbus since we already did our Montreal trade, Roslovic seems likely (pending UFA next summer).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad