Mets/Yankees Thread

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
How dare you steal signs! Steroids and performance enhancers? No big deal.
I mean, the big difference is individuals cheating vs an entire organization

A-Rod used Steroids, Pettitte did to rehab an injury (or so he says), Clemens... id bet that wasn’t an organizational mandate though

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
It’s all wrong but any pitcher will tell that they would rather face a guy doing steroids then a guy who knows what they are throwing. That’s an incredible advantage. The lengths that the Astros reportedly went to to cheat is ridiculous.

Their cocky attitude about it too alone makes me hope they get the book thrown at them. MLB is soft but I hope they make an example out of them and come down hard.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
It’s all wrong but any pitcher will tell that they would rather face a guy doing steroids then a guy who knows what they are throwing. That’s an incredible advantage. The lengths that the Astros reportedly went to to cheat is ridiculous.

Their cocky attitude about it too alone makes me hope they get the book thrown at them. MLB is soft but I hope they make an example out of them and come down hard.

I honestly don't know the story about what the Astros did or didn't do. I'll have to look it up. I know sign stealing has always been an issue, from guys with binoculars to using technology as an advantage. I don't know why they don't just routinely change up signs or something.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I honestly don't know the story about what the Astros did or didn't do. I'll have to look it up. I know sign stealing has always been an issue, from guys with binoculars to using technology as an advantage. I don't know why they don't just routinely change up signs or something.

sign stealing has always been part of the game but it’s mostly gamesmanship. Once you introduce technology into with hi tech Tv monitors and hand buzzers that’s ludicrous.

Reactions: The Real JT

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

upload_2019-11-20_8-23-42.jpeg

The thought is that the guy at the table in front of the monitor would relay the notification to the dugout behind the hanging Gatorade towels. This frame is apparently from their 2017 World Series dvd

Reactions: PK Cronin

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

That is supposedly what the Nats pretty much did. Somehow they were tipped off to what was going on. There was a guy on Twitter last week who had several images of Astros batters in game 1 I believe making facial expressions following pitches where they seemed baffled that whatever came wasn’t what they were informed was coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00