TSN: Mete requests trade from Habs

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Apparently he's unhappy on the taxi squad and have asked for a trade. What do you think is his value ? I'd let him go for a prospect of similar age or younger and or a pick depending on the upside. Mete right now is a no.5 to no.7 depending on the team and I see maybe a top4 upside in his prime. A physical 3rd line winger or a younger defenseman that would be playing in the AHL this season but with similar upside (questionnable top4 upside) would be a good trading of assets. Mete can improve your brigade right away, but dont expect him to post many points even if he looks like he could.

Nitpicking, but he is the spare D on a 22-man roster, not on taxi squad. He would need to clear waivers to be sent to the taxi squad and his cap hit would be buried.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
habs don't need any more picks. they have 14 next summer. They aren't giving him away for a 2nd. Just can't see it - and definitely not, insulting offers like 3rds or 4ths. that's idiotic
They wouldn’t get more than a 2nd and I doubt they’d get a high 2nd either. He doesn’t have that kind of value. Makes more sense to hold him. Mete isn’t a valuable chip right now. Why trade him when his value is low.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If he were to be traded, he would be able to return a 2nd round pick.
I don't see the habs trading him this year though.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
They wouldn’t get more than a 2nd and I doubt they’d get a high 2nd either. He doesn’t have that kind of value. Makes more sense to hold him. Mete isn’t a valuable chip right now. Why trade him when his value is low.
agreed. but i think bergevin would be looking for a young, under-performing forward back. habs can't take on salary - thus, they couldn't take Virtanen back for instance

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
If he were to be traded, he would be able to return a 2nd round pick.
I don't see the habs trading him this year though.
That’s a guess. Don’t see many guys moving for 2nd rounders lately. Especially guys that have become stagnant and have such a minimal NHL track record. Maybe a late 2nd. Maybe less. Which is why Montreal shouldn’t deal him.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
habs don't need any more picks. they have 14 next summer. They aren't giving him away for a 2nd. Just can't see it - and definitely not, insulting offers like 3rds or 4ths. that's idiotic
A 2nd would be great value for him. What exactly do you think #6/7D are worth?

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Victor mete and a 2021 2nd round pick for drake batherson and a 2022 5th round pick .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I wouldn’t say gave up . Was on fourth line and apparently they considered scratching him . Just throwing it out there .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad