Recalled/Assigned: Mete recalled, Juulsen assigned to Laval

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
tbh Juulsen has looked quite off since his return from injury. So i agree with this decision to let him gain confidence and get back in his early season shape
The issue is not sending Juulsen in the NHL. The issue is the yoyo strategy we have employed for years.
They seem to have no vision or plan when it comes to youngsters. They just completely freestyle.
If they want to keep the kids in the NHL, well then plan accordingly.
If your strategy is to have Juulsen play on the bottom pairing, well fine, keep him there and bring in an older veteran that will help him. Don't bring Schlemko who absolutely sucks and is fighting to stay in the NHL himself.
Same for Mete, if you want him to be a top blueliner, get a guy that will be a good mentor to him.
Don't freestyle the call ups, mix and match the pairs..give them absolute crap partners that probably make them worse.
Honestly, it's just simple basic thinking. They screwed up similarly with Galchenyuk. They never got him wingers to help secure his development at center. They just moved him up and down, used him on the wing with different guys...then they decided to give him a shot at center and who did they bring for him? Semin..who lasted like 10 games in the NHL, and Eller....freaking Lars Eller..on the wing. That is the extent of their planning when they decided to move Galch at center. Are you freaking kidding me? Lol anyways, he's gone and that's in the past, but it just shows this management extreme incompetency in planning the smallest and obvious things.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
The issue is not sending Juulsen in the NHL. The issue is the yoyo strategy we have employed for years.
They seem to have no vision or plan when it comes to youngsters. They just completely freestyle.
If they want to keep the kids in the NHL, well then plan accordingly.
If your strategy is to have Juulsen play on the bottom pairing, well fine, keep him there and bring in an older veteran that will help him. Don't bring Schlemko who absolutely sucks and is fighting to stay in the NHL himself.
Same for Mete, if you want him to be a top blueliner, get a guy that will be a good mentor to him.
Don't freestyle the call ups, mix and match the pairs..give them absolute crap partners that probably make them worse.
Honestly, it's just simple basic thinking. They screwed up similarly with Galchenyuk. They never got him wingers to help secure his development at center. They just moved him up and down, used him on the wing with different guys...then they decided to give him a shot at center and who did they bring for him? Semin..who lasted like 10 games in the NHL, and Eller....freaking Lars Eller..on the wing. That is the extent of their planning when they decided to move Galch at center. Are you freaking kidding me? Lol anyways, he's gone and that's in the past, but it just shows this management extreme incompetency in planning the smallest and obvious things.
you sir are taking a rather extremist approach. Let them grow. They are very young. The issue imo is the lack of direction. Either win or tank not both.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
u made it look like it. Regardless, i dont think their treatment on Juulsen and Mete have been poor. The other prospects? sure.
No I didn't. That's your own interpretation. What I made clear was that yoyo-ing prospect is a loser's game. It's never helped us. Who on our team has really benefitted from this method?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
No I didn't. That's your own interpretation. What I made clear was that yoyo-ing prospect is a loser's game. It's never helped us. Who on our team has really benefitted from this method?
its not fair to call it that regarding Mete and Juulsen. Mete struggled and had to regain confidence. Juulsen is quite obviously not the same player he was before the injury. I would agree if we see another Mete/Juulsen swap this season tho. Either keep them down or keep them up not anywhere in the middle, which is what u call yo-yo-ing

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
The bergevin era has to end very very soon! Hes not making any changes or acquire defense that we badly need, a top pair defensemen! I mean a GM would be smart enough to attract those hard situations regardless of giving so much prospects or picks. It's all of taking the risk.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
its not fair to call it that regarding Mete and Juulsen. Mete struggled and had to regain confidence. Juulsen is quite obviously not the same player he was before the injury. I would agree if we see another Mete/Juulsen swap this season tho. Either keep them down or keep them up not anywhere in the middle, which is what u call yo-yo-ing

Juulsen has been yoyoed. AHL last year, NHL, AHL again, NHL.
Mete, less, but he shouldn't even have been in the NHL last year. They send him down for 8 games? Now back...Kid isn't ready.
It's stupid.

Reactions: DAChampion

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Let's be honest here: Juulsen was horrible since back from injury. I think it is wise to send him back in the AHL to get his timing back, but I'm not a big fan if having LHD playing on the right side.

I guess Mete playing right is better than having Ouellet or Juulsen in the line-up for now.
Whoever of Benn or Schlemko who is in the lineup can play Right side with Mete.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Juulsen has been yoyoed. AHL last year, NHL, AHL again, NHL.
Mete, less, but he shouldn't even have been in the NHL last year. They send him down for 8 games? Now back...Kid isn't ready.
It's stupid.

I would not go that far. Some AHL time is what almost every team does with D prospects who are not at the Dahlin level. Even Markov went through that. And Subban and Weber. Tons more.

Reactions: 417

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I would not go that far. Some AHL time is what almost every team does with D prospects who are not at the Dahlin level. Even Markov went through that. And Subban and Weber. Tons more.

Subban was not yo yoed. He was allowed to dominate.

Bergevin would have had yo yoed Subban from 2008 onwards and thus undermined his development.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Whoever of Benn or Schlemko who is in the lineup can play Right side with Mete.
It's not fair to ask the kid to carry either of those 2 lame ducks when he's trying to find his own game which he should be doing in the AHL but if he must be up give him a shot with Weber again, Kulak hasn't hurt the team but hasn't helped the team either, just a safe partner for Weber who might look better with Petry

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
It's not fair to ask the kid to carry either of those 2 lame ducks when he's trying to find his own game which he should be doing in the AHL but if he must be up give him a shot with Weber again, Kulak hasn't hurt the team but hasn't helped the team either, just a safe partner for Weber who might look better with Petry

OK, I just want Mete on left side. Benn or Schlemko on right side.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Subban was not yo yoed. He was allowed to dominate.

So you are suggesting we should have kept Juulsen down since the start of the year and played MORE of Benn, Ouellet and Schlemko?

By the way, Subban played two fantastic games for the Habs mid-season in 2009-2010 then sent back down, and people complained of yo-yoing. LOL.

Reactions: 417

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
not really no, he needs to develop, both his offensive and defensive game.

Doubt he developed that much given the time spent in the AHL.

Reactions: Rapala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad