Recalled/Assigned: Mete recalled, Juulsen assigned to Laval

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I'm looking forward to having Mete back in the lineup. I think his brief stint in the AHL will have been good for him and a reflection on what he needs to do to become a top-4 guy in the NH - the start of the year really wasn't cutting it. Juulsen was far below his usual standard of play.

Reactions: Fixxer

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
One of these moves is the right (Juulsen), the other just seems like more of the same rushing and yo yoing thats served us so well in the past.

But, f*** it. Development doesnt even exist so who cares, right ?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
At least they acknowledge Juulsen needs some time in the AHL.

Mete should have stayed there to dominate a while. The ''we can't ruin young players by rushing them to the NHL'' mentality that has taken ahold of this board when everything was going well needs to die down.

Yet he's still our 4th best blueliner. Tell me who's better than Juulsen? Benn, Schlemballs or Reilly? Lol. Mete is not ready, I doubt he ever will be.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Let's be honest here: Juulsen was horrible since back from injury. I think it is wise to send him back in the AHL to get his timing back, but I'm not a big fan if having LHD playing on the right side.

I guess Mete playing right is better than having Ouellet or Juulsen in the line-up for now.
That's correct. But half of this board has him already penciled in our top-4 (despite erratic play with #6 minutes), so the narrative is disrupted. Unfortunately, we tend to suffer from selective blindness when it comes to young players.

Reactions: MasterDecoy

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Yet he's still our 4th best blueliner. Tell me who's better than Juulsen? Benn, Schlemballs or Reilly? Lol. Mete is not ready, I doubt he ever will be.

Both Schlemko and Benn would struggle to make the KHL. Benn would probably be "waived" by any KHL team after 10 games or so. To me it's a mystery why this guy is still playing in the NHL.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

You doubt mete will ever be ready? Giving up early on a young player there.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Y
One of these moves is the right (Juulsen), the other just seems like more of the same rushing and yo yoing thats served us so well in the past.

But, **** it. Development doesnt even exist so who cares, right ?
Yup. Mete should stay down. He was barely keeping his head above the water as a #6 in Montreal. They said they wanted him to work on his game. 8 games and his ready all of the sudden?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Lol. Explain.

Because I feel Juulsen is 2x the player Mete is, and makes much better plays under pressure. I've never understood the Mete hype. Small and quick isn't a rare attribute for an NHL blueliner. His shot isn't great, it is not accurate at all. He turns over the puck in the defensive zone, because he is easily separated from it.

If you want to develop Mete, keep him in Laval, what on earth is he doing up here?

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
At least they acknowledge Juulsen needs some time in the AHL.

Mete should have stayed there to dominate a while. The ''we can't ruin young players by rushing them to the NHL'' mentality that has taken ahold of this board when everything was going well needs to die down.

Everyone in this thread is advocating for Mete to have remained in the AHL.

Who is saying that Mete should be rushed to the NHL and that it won't ruin him?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Everyone in this thread is advocating for Mete to have remained in the AHL.

Who is saying that Mete should be rushed to the NHL and that it won't ruin him?
I think that the poster is actually saying that some people think that players like Mete can develop by surviving at the NHL level instead of staying in the AHL where he belongs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think that the poster is actually saying that some people think that players like Mete can develop by surviving at the NHL level instead of staying in the AHL where he belongs.

Then why is he saying "that has taken ahold of this board when everything was going well needs to die down."

He put that in the present tense but now I realize he was referring to a past situation (ie "when everything was going well"), so it threw me off.

When was "everything going well"? He must have meant October then.

But, right now, I think we can agree that there isn't anyone or almost no one advocating for Mete to have been called up at this juncture.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Both Juulsen and Mete should be in the AHL. I agree, a move should be made so that Mete stays down longer.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
tbh Juulsen has looked quite off since his return from injury. So i agree with this decision to let him gain confidence and get back in his early season shape

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Both Schlemko and Benn would struggle to make the KHL. Benn would probably be "waived" by any KHL team after 10 games or so. To me it's a mystery why this guy is still playing in the NHL.
Alzner is looking like an all-star D in the AHL. They would make most KHL team. There is a reason why NHL is the best league in the world by a wide margin.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
keep arguing we should not tank and fire clode julien , bergevin and bordeline Timmins.

Another move from the 2 old-fashioned washed up coach/gm (as a player view).
Send Mete and Juulsen AHL and bounce back them like they are a tennis ball.
This is how u destroy prospects .

Mete has no goals in like 70 games in the nhl , can barely shoot , cant play in his own zone. Trying to hard to find Weber a new replacement that wont happen until we draft players. By the way , Weber been absolute garbage against Minnesota , Boston and San Jose. He sure shines when we play garbage teams. I dont care what people say. Hes been atrocious defensively when we need him.

Keep Mete or Juulsen both of them AHL or NHL and make them play somewhere and stop bouncing them for 0 reasons.

Sell high at the deadline and do this once for all correctly. Im so tired to see the same bullshit. Our team is so bad , our drafting system is awful. 6 years under Bergevin and almost 7 , yet he never drafted a guy whos playing on our 1st line , 1st pair of D or a NHL goalie.

Literally no top prospects , im not counting Sergachev because they traded him before he was NHL. Also 2 soon for Kotkaniemi but they will find a way to destroy him.

Cant wait to see Mete and Webeurre getting completely outplayed by Rantanen line in 30 hours. This team lacks more than LHD.

/Rant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad