Memo to Trevor Lewis: Pretend it's the playoffs

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
22 games, 0 points and -3...in his contract year...Yikes.

If the Kings want speed for that price, sign Mason Raymond.

Correction, Raymond makes less...Ouch. Raymond has 16 points and is a + player,

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
It's obvious that his Olympic hopes are pretty much crushed at this point. He was playing great last year, and still provides a lot of energy and does all the little things, but his absence on the scoresheet is definitely noticeable and surprising. Especially when players like Stoll and company have passed him by considerably. It is almost remarkable that he doesn't even have one single point thus far. Here's hoping he can turn things around, only a little over a quarter into the season, lots of hockey left to play.

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
I think he's been great this year.

Points are just one criteria of what makes a good 3rd/4th line forward and far from the most important one.

I swear some of the people here would be happier if the Kings were a higher scoring team that was 6-16-1 instead of being a lower scoring 16-6-1.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
22 games, 0 points and -3...in his contract year...Yikes.

If the Kings want speed for that price, sign Mason Raymond.

Correction, Raymond makes less...Ouch. Raymond has 16 points and is a + player,

Come on Johnny, Raymond would also have 0 points and none of Lewis' defensive play if he was here.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I don't really get teh general feeling that he's some playoff "monster". He made some nice plays and scored a few goals, but monster? Really?

I don't believe anyone is calling him that, but he does seem to rise to the occasion and perform better during the playoffs. He must've grown up as a big fan of John Druce. I consider Lewis to be a modern day version of Dan Bylsma, a tireless worker who can play center and wing, primarily in defensive situations, and someone who will never really be counted upon to provide offensive support other than being an aggressive fore checker who can pressure opposing dmen, which is exactly what he did to Dan Hamhuis that led to Stoll's game winner in OT versus Vancouver.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

Points are just one criteria of what makes a good 3rd/4th line forward and far from the most important one.

I swear some of the people here would be happier if the Kings were a higher scoring team that was 6-16-1 instead of being a lower scoring 16-6-1.

I agree. I'd like to see some points out of him but he's the least of my concerns as far as the team goes.

Captain Mittens*

I don't really get teh general feeling that he's some playoff "monster". He made some nice plays and scored a few goals, but monster? Really?

Would you want playoff Trevor Lewis hiding in your closet while you are sleeping?

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I don't believe anyone is calling him that,

This board is littered with posts to that effect. He definitely made some huge plays for us during the cup run, but so did everybody. I just feel like some people are over-hyping his contribution in the playoffs a wee bit, as it it justifies his completely suckass regular seasons...

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
This is a defensive minded team and hes playing very effective defensive hockey. Nothing wrong with his play, he was never on the team for his offensively ability. Hard to fix your +/- when your not contributing offensively.

Seventyx7

Carter Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2004
Norcal

Absolutely agree. Lewis has been good this year. A few goals chipped in here and there would be nice but what he brings doesn't translate to the scoresheet. He gets plenty of chances, they have to start going in for him eventually. His tenacity, speed and grit wouldn't be as easily replaceable as some seem to believe. If nothing else maybe this slow start statistically will bring his asking price down and we can keep him for a long time. Sure hope so.

Lol. Me neither.

Lewis is what he is and not much more.

I think that applies to everyone in the universe. Dogs, cats and unicorns alike.

I am what am and not much more. What does that even mean? Is that like "all that and a bag of chips"? So Lewis is all that without the bag of chips... I guess?

Can I be what I am and just a bit less? Maybe just a bit more?

Riposte!

Jan 25, 2006
Seattle
Every good team needs a player like Trevor Lewis. He's dynamite on the forecheck and PK. He always keeps his feet moving, and he's very responsible. There are plenty of other players on the Kings that should worry about more offense before TL (Jarret Stoll, ahem, Dustin Brown, ahem).

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Lewis :facepalm: Just watch his play in the offensive zone. Seriously someone needs to chain him to a chair, tape his eyelids open and force him to watch tapes of Toffoli in the offensive zones... Pass/dump selections and tape on what Toffoli does when he doesn't have the puck.

Imagine how good Lewis could be if he could score.

edit: If he ends up with that speed skater that was on a while back... just think how fast those kids will be!!!

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Who said he has been good this year?

The biggest Kings whipping boys this year have been Lewis, Frattin, Stoll and Fraser...and all for good reasons.

The sad thing for Lewis is he has played in every game where the other players above have been scratched or hurt.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I think that applies to everyone in the universe. Dogs, cats and unicorns alike.

I am what am and not much more. What does that even mean? Is that like "all that and a bag of chips"? So Lewis is all that without the bag of chips... I guess?

Can I be what I am and just a bit less? Maybe just a bit more?

Lewis is a good defensive forward. I thought it was pretty obvious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad