Memo to Trevor Lewis: Pretend it's the playoffs

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Who said he has been good this year?

The biggest Kings whipping boys this year have been Lewis, Frattin, Stoll and Fraser...and all for good reasons.

The sad thing for Lewis is he has played in every game where the other players above have been scratched or hurt.

He has been fine this year. Not bad and not great.

All of those guys have been whipping boys this year and none for good reason really. People need to blame someone for something, Lewis for not scoring even if it's not his role, Frattin for not scoring even though he's going through an adjustment period, Stoll and Fraser for blocking kids who are ready.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I am sorry.....

Lewis plays 16 to 18 minutes a night(most nights).....There is no excuse for the Guy to have zero points in that time frame, playing those minutes.

If Lewis was strictly a D zone/PK guy playing only 9-12 minutes a night.

Ok no big deal, but come on....16 to 18 minutes a night....

The only positive is Lombardi can use the production as leverage in contract talks.

Lombardi "Lewie I love you man, but I can't pay you 2-3 mill when you don't put any points on the board".

I really have a hard time believing Lewis was rated as a 1st round pick.

I don't remember that 2006 draft...I block it out of my mind.

Last edited:

KBA4life

Oct 22, 2003
Los Angeles
Visit site
Lewis :facepalm: Just watch his play in the offensive zone. Seriously someone needs to chain him to a chair, tape his eyelids open and force him to watch tapes of Toffoli in the offensive zones... Pass/dump selections and tape on what Toffoli does when he doesn't have the puck.

Imagine how good Lewis could be if he could score.

edit: If he ends up with that speed skater that was on a while back... just think how fast those kids will be!!!

This. Having stone hands is one thing, but his atrocious decision making with the puck is killer. Bad dumps, tunnel vision, and just overall pathetic-ness.

LAX attack*

Are you guys kidding? Lewis's job is not to score. He is a great PK'er with a lot of speed. You guys just have ridiculous expectations. Get over yourselves. This is just like the hate for RR. Just because dude isn't Doughty doesn't mean that he isn't useful. Threads like this make me realize why Canadians look down on sun belt teams.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
I am sorry.....

Lewis plays 16 to 18 minutes a night(most nights).....There is no excuse for the Guy to have zero points in that time frame, playing those minutes.

If Lewis was strictly a D zone/PK guy playing only 9-12 minutes a night.

Ok no big deal, but come on....16 to 18 minutes a night....

The only positive is Lombardi can use the production as leverage in contract talks.

Lombardi "Lewie I love you man, but I can't pay you 2-3 mill when you don't put any points on the board".

I really have a hard time believing Lewis was rated as a 1st round pick.

I don't remember that 2006 draft...I block it out of my mind.

Most mock drafts had Lewis towards the end of the 1st round. He was great his final year for Des Moines where he centered Kyle Okposo and Jeff Petry was also on their top PP unit. Sioux Falls couldn't contain the Lewis line in the finals. He won MVP, USHL 1st AS team, and US junior player of the year. He had some offensive skill...not sure what happened.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Well is it safe to say that lets enjoy him for whatever he brings because we won't see him in a black and white uni next year!

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Regular Season:
225GP 12G 25A 37P 0.16PPG

Playoffs
44GP 5G 11A 16P .36PPG

OP was right.... we just need playoff Lewie....

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Nope, Lewis doesn't get a pass from me, he simply plays too many minutes to not be able to contribute anything offensively

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Change LEWIE's name to Derek Armstrong ... and you all would want to lynch him up at the nearest tree.

I think people would be ecstatic if Lewis posted half the amount of points Armstrong registered when he was with the Kings. Armstrong was one of those under appreciated guys who actually produced decent numbers, it's just that due to the lack of depth and injuries, the Kings used him in a role most didn't expect him to play on this team.

Given the anticipated raise Lewis will be getting as a UFA, one would probably expect more out of him than being just another Jerred Smithson.

Captain Mittens*

Change LEWIE's name to Derek Armstrong ... and you all would want to lynch him up at the nearest tree.

Armstrong was a hell of a 4th liner, the problem was that Lieweekly had him centering Ziggy

Last edited by a moderator:

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Are you guys kidding? Lewis's job is not to score. He is a great PK'er with a lot of speed. You guys just have ridiculous expectations. Get over yourselves. This is just like the hate for RR. Just because dude isn't Doughty doesn't mean that he isn't useful. Threads like this make me realize why Canadians look down on sun belt teams.

Hard to believe some would expect at least a secondary assist by now with his ice time he gets. The nerve.....

I wonder how many goalies have more points right now?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Derek Armstrong sucked (in the role he was given) and wasn't that good defensively. Lewis is good defensively, but we can't keep him next year. As already stated, he plays too many minutes to not contribute offensively. For 16 minutes of the game the team is playing with 2 forwards who can score. That's just not ideal at all.

In addition, the Kings are 15th in GPG with a huge offensive threat out, were strong in scoring last year and won a Cup due to very good goalscoring the year before, so it's time to bury this forwards who play here can't score and are doomed to low numbers canard in the trash pile where it belongs. Dwight King has 7 goals, and it's okay for Lewis to not have a single point? No.

LAX attack*

Derek Armstrong sucked (in the role he was given) and wasn't that good defensively. Lewis is good defensively, but we can't keep him next year. As already stated, he plays too many minutes to not contribute offensively. For 16 minutes of the game the team is playing with 2 forwards who can score. That's just not ideal at all.

In addition, the Kings are 15th in GPG with a huge offensive threat out, were strong in scoring last year and won a Cup due to very good goalscoring the year before, so it's time to bury this forwards who play here can't score and are doomed to low numbers canard in the trash pile where it belongs. Dwight King has 7 goals, and it's okay for Lewis to not have a single point? No.

We won because we had players like Lewis. If we had 6 Frattins in the bottom 6 we would be a far worse team than with 6 Lewis's.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013

"That's just not ideal at all." That phrase was just cracking me up. Kinda positive but depressing at the same time.

On the Dwight King scoring. I was watching highlights of the Kings/Bolts game and the announcer busted out something like "you know things aren't going well when Dwight King scores a short handed goal on you."

Ok another player I keep thinking is going to get one is Regehr. I mean he gets shots from the point all the time... at some point one hast to bounce off like 4 skates and go in right? So who scores first? Regehr or Lewis?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I drafted Trevor Lewis in my fantasy league with a 1st round pick.

I am disappoint.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Who gives a crap if Lewis has no points?? Start a thread about Brown, Kopitar or Richards when they aren't scoring....but until then, I don't see the problem. Kings are 15-6, I think we're fine....and somehow we got there without Lewis lighting the lamp.

Riposte!

Jan 25, 2006
Seattle

They won a Cup because they were a tenacious forechecking and puck possession team with good goaltending. Aside from the goaltending, Trevor Lewis is the most tenacious forechecker on the team, which leads to puck possession.

The Kings' corsi and fenwick would be so much lower without Lewis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad