I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
tumblr_inline_p4wawyE0pr1ssvv3r_540.gif

Reactions: Deku

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I really don't get why this guy gets hated on so much... he got the team within a goal of the Cup final and is the most-successful Canadian owner over the past 15 years.

Spoiled fans in Ottawa can't endure one bad season.

Stop acting like the Sens are the Carolina Hurricanes.
Yes we can. I can live with losing as long as there is hope and direction. The team having a bad year is not the point. Melnyk being cheap didn’t start yesterday.

I’m not putting money into the pockets of an owner who won’t give the team the best possible chance to win and has a feud with every star player we have.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Yes we can. I can live with losing as long as there is hope and direction.

But I’m not putting money into the pockets of an owner who won’t give the team the best possible chance to win and has a feud with every star player we have.

and there it is, the message isn't "oh poor us, we are bad this year" it's "give us a shitty product and sell off everything worthwhile, we stop buying tickets".

I wish Buffalo fans did it a year ago. We mostly understood the tank, some didn't agree but we all hopefully knew we needed to bottom out. Then they sold hope, and kept season ticket holders on the line thinking "this year will be different, we just need better management". Now you can't give away tickets, and people are saying they won't re-up next year. There's absolutely nothing that says fans are required to buy crappy product, and no one should feel beholden to a franchise that is bottoming out because of cheap ownership decisions, period.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Lol. He could write a book and it's not gonna make up for, "I'm not going to lose my fortune over a hockey team."

Nobody likes him, nobody trusts him. He's burnt that bridge and is never getting it back. And it's only gonna get worse when the Karlsson nightmare becomes a reality.

IceBjoern

Feb 24, 2010
Stockholm
The guy who gave part of his liver to save Melnyk only had one wish, that he (Melnyk) would bring the Stanley Cup to Ottawa..

“I’m not gonna blow a lifetime of working hard on a hockey team” - Eugene Melnyk

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Is it me or is he making himself seem like a victim ? And is he trying to absolving himself for being cheap by saying he got the team to the ecf?

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Is it me or is he making himself seem like a victim ? And is he trying to absolving himself for being cheap by saying he got the team to the ecf?

Craig Anderson. The team got to the ECF in spite of Melnyk

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
"When I got here, the team was in deep financial trouble. I have continued in fine tradition and am inching toward bankrupting this team...cause balls."

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Yes we can. I can live with losing as long as there is hope and direction. The team having a bad year is not the point. Melnyk being cheap didn’t start yesterday.

I’m not putting money into the pockets of an owner who won’t give the team the best possible chance to win and has a feud with every star player we have.

What's the reason they struggled with attendance in the playoffs? They couldn't even sellout the opener...against a rival.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
The objective of "younger, faster, and more skilled" is the reason our owner is better than all other owners in the NHL. No other team has ever had a more comprehensive plan for improving this team. Given this managerial approach, I predict – no, guarantee – a Sens cup for the next decade. Or, however long Melnyk is alive.
Translation: We are tanking the hell outta this thing indefinitely.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Once you get a reputation, good luck changing it. The damage has been done. Senators fans deserve better. I hate the Sens but the last thing I want is the team to be handicapped by Melnyk. I want them to be decent and competitive. I want the battle of Ontario back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad