Melnyk's letter to the fans

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
image.jpeg

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I like how he calls for the season-seat holders to be united....."Please do not leave, we have a hard enough time filling the seats"

Reactions: Thrive

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Is it me or did that not really say anything very carefully. It's basically a bunch of fluff words justifying the moves they made/didn't make this year, while saying it takes a long term plan to fix this dumpster fire. I won't tell you exactly what that plan is, but It sure will take one of those plan things. Oh also remember when we made the conference finals, that was fun right? I'm awesome, please love me again.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Same old song and dance from him. Tries to save face as the team "rebuilds" - or make makes because he's cheap. The fans deserve better.

Reactions: Benjamin

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Letter is likely a response to how poorly season ticket renewals have been going.

This.

The problem is that Eugene Melnyk can say all the right things at this point, but no one will believe him. His credibility is shot.

I think the Senators are embarking on a full rebuild, and this letter hints at it. I don't think they can reveal their "the plan", or really be straight forward about it right now because an integral part of "the plan" involves trading Erik Karlsson to kick start a rebuild. So they can't really reveal that until it happens.

People will say "but Dorion wanted to make a hockey trade" with Erik Karlsson. I think hockey trade is lingo for "give me a young player far enough along in their development that I know even if everybody else busts, I'll have something to show for Karlsson". It doesn't mean, give me players I can win the cup with next year. Dorion wants a Sergachev, or a Theodore, someone who is NHL ready and even if the 3-4 1st round pieces that he gets in a trade otherwise never pan out, he knows 5 years from now he'll have at least one player from the Karlsson trade playing a key role on the Senators.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad