TSN: [Melnyk]: Senators’ roster overhaul imminent

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Melnyk's letter to the fans isn't awful. I'm guessing that was the marketing team's idea, and he decided to shoot the video on his own.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Melnyk's letter to the fans isn't awful. I'm guessing that was the marketing team's idea, and he decided to shoot the video on his own.

Nah, it reeks of a communications strategy.

Hit the fanbase with multiple channels of communications - print media for the old folks, social media for the young(er) folks.

It all comes out at the same time - that's no coincidence.

The difference being that he didn't write the letter, whereas I'm pretty sure those were his words coming out of his mouth despite the script's best efforts.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Duchene + Stone + Dzingel + Tkachuk + Pageau + Chlapik + White + Batherson + Formenton + Brown

Karlsson + Chabot + Wolanin + Ceci + Jaros + Lajoie + Bernard-Docker + Tychonick

Gustavsson + Hogberg + Hollett/Mandolese/Daccord

And then several other young players who could claim a roster spot in the near future and you’d have a heck of a team Mr Melnyk. Don’t need to overhaul anything

Unless you mean MacArthur and Gaborik in LTIR, Smith traded for a pick, Anderson and/or Condon traded for anything, Ryan traded with retention, Ceci traded in a package for an upgrade somewhere...

Keep Stone, Duchene, Dzingel, Pageau, Boedker, Karlsson, Borowiecki... that’s 7 vets and then 15 guys on ELCs or RFA years and you have a good young team that is really not expensive. In fact, you’d have a hard time reaching the cap floor

Last edited:

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
You see I would all be in for a plan to a proper rebuild if it wasn't hidden under a major issue with this franchise, and that's the owner unwilling to spend to retain it's star players.

Okay we ship out star players when they reach UFA stage, so how do I as a fan that will invest time and money into these new prospects, know that the owner won't do the same purge when the new prospects reach their UFA stage 6-7 years from now?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
You see I would all be in for a plan to a proper rebuild if it wasn't hidden under a major issue with this franchise, and that's the owner unwilling to spend to retain it's star players.

Okay we ship out star players when they reach UFA stage, so how do I as a fan that will invest time and money into these new prospects, know that the owner won't do the same purge when the new prospects reach their UFA stage 6-7 years from now?

If anyone chooses to continue supporting this franchise, they'll have to do so knowing we've become a farm team for the rest of the NHL.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
I do find it funny in an odd sort of way Melnyk mentioning rebuild. Did this happen recently? Was Dorion aware of this a couple of months ago when he traded Hoffman for Bodeker instead of picks? Or are they both just morons making it up as they go along?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I do find it funny in an odd sort of way Melnyk mentioning rebuild. Did this happen recently? Was Dorion aware of this a couple of months ago when he traded Hoffman for Bodeker instead of picks? Or are they both just morons making it up as they go along?

It's incredible that Melnyk is basically announcing a complete overhaul/rebuild/whatchamacallit while Dorion is nowhere to be seen or heard. Like, the guy whose job is literally to do that is in no way mentioned anywhere.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Friend texted me that TSN1200 states Karlsson has last minute backed out of the golf tournament for an emergency meeting with his agent in Toronto today

Imagine having this amazing hall of fame player with a great personality, easily marketable, great in the community, one of the most exciting players to watch in the league, and deciding he's one of the issues with the team.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Imagine having this amazing hall of fame player with a great personality, easily marketable, great in the community, one of the most exciting players to watch in the league, and deciding he's one of the issues with the team.

There's no money for excellence in Ottawa, the owner sets the example in this case

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON

Exactly, it's not genuine. It's a cop out for an organizational deficiency that apparently they think fans are stupid enough to not notice.

A potentially really good team is about to be blown up because our owner is so bad at owning the team, he can't earn enough revenue to justify signing it's prized players.

I hate this life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad