News Article: Melnyk: 'not selling the team — period'

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Man, this whole organization is a clown show. From Boucher's presser, Dorion's availability to Julie Turris' three letter tweet, to this email. What a gongshow.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Man, this whole organization is a clown show. From Boucher's presser, Dorion's availability to Julie Turris' three letter tweet, to this email. What a gongshow.
This is a great time for you to jump ship and save yourself the agony! Go on then!

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
"Melnyk said he pays Dorion “big bucks” so that he can manage hockey operations."

... IIRC, isn't Dorion one of the lowest paid GMs in the league?

I didn't think GM pay was disclosed, but it wouldn't shock me. Guys promoted from within will typically be cheaper, and he got a couple quick promotions when T.Mur left, and then again with B.Mur left.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
We are increasingly being bombarded with Fake News which makes it difficult to determine what is true and what is not. Part of the problem is that we tend to put credence into stories that we want to be true. We are quickly losing our objectivity. Unless someone comes out with evidence to the contrary, the team is not for sale.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Some people use their money and influence to help charities and spend time with local youth, like the Turris family. Eugene used his to post an ad in the paper to jump the line on a liver transplant.

I’m not sure how insulated Melnyk is from the fans and their feedback, but even he must know how loathed he is in the city recently. Sell the team!

The number of so called "fans" who "loath him" are so few that it of no concern. These haters don't go to games, so why would he waster his time listening to him?

Is he the perfect owner? Probably not. Is he any more or less liked/disliked than any other owner in the league? Probably not........... haters will hate, that's what they thrive on.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
The number of so called "fans" who "loath him" are so few that it of no concern. These haters don't go to games, so why would he waster his time listening to him?

Is he the perfect owner? Probably not. Is he any more or less liked/disliked than any other owner in the league? Probably not........... haters will hate, that's what they thrive on.
Is any owner as meddling at Euge?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Fans will need to “starve” him out. Only option then is to move the team. Not sure league will allow that.

Yeah, there has never been any NHL teams that have re-located before, right?
iu

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster

This can't be serious. He is absolutely one of the most, if not the most despised owner in the NHL.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
This is undoubtedly the kind of thinking that goes on behind the scenes. We have the shittiest fan outreach and marketing.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
We are increasingly being bombarded with Fake News which makes it difficult to determine what is true and what is not. Part of the problem is that we tend to put credence into stories that we want to be true. We are quickly losing our objectivity. Unless someone comes out with evidence to the contrary, the team is not for sale.
iu

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Show me another fanbase with the same reaction to their owner's tweets.

Or are people on the internet not real people and just "haters"?

you're the one making the unfounded claims, the onus is on you to back up these claims, not mine.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
What an arsehole. This guy would be 6 feet under without this fanbase.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Fake news.

You think he himself doesn't have sufficient assets to really run this team anymore?

Just wait until he splits his assets to his children.

There is an outside shot one of his children could be a much better owner then he (see Rocky vs Bill Wirtz), so I will at least allow that shred of optimism.. but that is so far off and the Desmarais group is obviously the best case currently.

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
you're the one making the unfounded claims, the onus is on you to back up these claims, not mine.
I think if there was poll put out to fans, you'd be surprised at how many really do dislike him. I'm appreciate of things he's done in the past but he's caused a tremendous amount of harm to the team the last 5 years even if it's just fan perception.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

Why are you the way that you are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad