Speculation: Melnyk and Murray spotted at NHL head office.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Why would you need MElnyk or Murray in New York for this?
Did they fly to New York when other games were rescheduled? Seems excessive...

And why would Melnyk need Murray with him in order to present his forensic findings?

This story is like a Rorschach test.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I don't understand you people. It's not exactly difficult to have more than one subject covered in a single meeting, especially when it's still expensive to fly in to meet face to face. I'd say it's likely they talked about multiple topics.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Doesn't explain the secrecy or why everyone is hush hush about the contents of the meeting.

The last few times that Murray and Melnyk met at the league offices in New York, i dont recall any announcements about the meeting either. Not sure i would read too much into what appears to be standard practice in meetings with the league lawyers, it could be related to myriad business issues we'd never have thought of.

Maybe it only seems like secrecy because we have latched onto a great conspiracy theory, have affirmed it through confirmation bias, and now cant believe they wont reveal their private business meetings to us. But Bettman as lawyer wont speak. If Euge has something to say he still may, although it seems we are emergency rescheduling an afternoon game which surely involves a lot of logistics and contracts and paperwork.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Come on guys, the only reason why melnyk went to the nhl hq is because he wanted permission to build a statue of himself right outside the ctc center. I thought this was common sense?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad