Speculation: Melnyk and Murray spotted at NHL head office.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie said:
Interesting, on day of Torts hearing in NYC, OTT owner Eugene Melnyk, GM Bryan Murray, NHLPA exec director Don Fehr seen going into NHL HQ.

It's believed they're there as part of Melnyk's forensic investigation into Matt Cooke's skate cut on Erik Karlsson last season.

Melnyk maintained at time of incident that Cooke did it intentionally and vowed to prove it. NHL exonerated Cooke at that time.

This is a touchy subject. Follow the rules.
Anyone that breaks the rules will be removed from this thread and can/will receive an infraction.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Melnyk and his forensic investigations

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 16m
Interesting, on day of Torts hearing in NYC, OTT owner Eugene Melnyk, GM Bryan Murray, NHLPA exec director Don Fehr seen going into NHL HQ.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 14m
It's believed they're there as part of Melnyk's forensic investigation into Matt Cooke's skate cut on Erik Karlsson last season.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 12m
Melnyk maintained at time of incident that Cooke did it intentionally and vowed to prove it. NHL exonerated Cooke at that time.

----

Christs sake :laugh:

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
CSI Ottawa ftw! :laugh:

Would be hilarious if Cooke got suspended, playing for the Wild, well over a year later.
Or if the Penguins had to pay money = to time lost by Erik. :laugh:

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
I'm hoping the NHL launches their own investigation towards Melnyk's mental health and concludes he is unfit to own the team any longer. Only positive scenario that can come out of this.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
jaguars-fan-cant-believe-it-nfl-fan-gifs.gif

Melnyk, please show that you care about this fanbase and stop.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Come on, how awesome would it be if Melnyk actually somehow found proof that Cooke did it intentionally? Nothing would come of it but it'd be hilarious

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
I thought Melnyk was just spouting off because he was mad that his star was injured, which I completely understood. We all say dumb things when we're angry.

Now I'm finding out there is a real CSI investigation into this? :loony:

Come on, how awesome would it be if Melnyk actually somehow found proof that Cooke did it intentionally? Nothing would come of it but it'd be hilarious

It would be damn funny if he could prove it, you're right.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Also, as was pointed out on Twitter I'd much rather the team gets mocked because of this investigation than Melnyk and Murray going there to explain the team can't meet payroll or something equally as awful.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
And now there is a thread about it on the main boards. :facepalm:

Our owner needs to grow up. He is embarrassing us too be honest.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Could you imagine if he proved it?

This place would explode.

Don't think he would go there in the first place if he didn't have significant evidence that he thinks will work.

But still. He is needs to seriously get his mental health checked up.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Maybe Murray/Melnyk went to tell Bettman that they want to win the cup before Murray retires but they require the league to give them money under the table in order to spend to the cap the next few years. Lord knows that would be less embarassing than a CSI report.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad