Speculation: #Melnkyout...The time is NOW!

Will you boycott the Sens over the next 6-8 weeks to put added pressure on Melnyk?

• Total voters

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
By the time an arena is built the LRT will be running.

upload_2018-11-22_15-15-20.png

"On Track - 2018"....

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Sens fans rising up would be a humorous way to appropriate the #OttawaRising hashtag.

I just dont think the lowered ticket sales will make a real difference to Melnyk when he's chasing a $4Bil development project. If someone in the know advised it really had a chance to work, then i'd be all in for sure. But boycotting is hurting us more than him. Best i think to go and scream derogatory Melnyk chants at games. Bring folded paper in your pocket and write signs on it while at the games so they dont take the sign off you when entering. No chance of that message getting misinterpreted or putting us in a tough spot if the team becomes good or interesting and we are stuck boycotting which may not even have the desired effect.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
we are stuck boycotting which may not even have the desired effect.

Any extra dollar Melnyk loses accelerates the inevitable sale of the team. And to be fair, this team isn’t contending anytime soon, especially if he doesn’t invest in the roster.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Sens fans rising up would be a humorous way to appropriate the #OttawaRising hashtag.

I just dont think the lowered ticket sales will make a real difference to Melnyk when he's chasing a $4Bil development project. If someone in the know advised it really had a chance to work, then i'd be all in for sure. But boycotting is hurting us more than him. Best i think to go and scream derogatory Melnyk chants at games. Bring folded paper in your pocket and write signs on it while at the games so they dont take the sign off you when entering. No chance of that message getting misinterpreted or putting us in a tough spot if the team becomes good or interesting and we are stuck boycotting which may not even have the desired effect.

It makes a difference. Melnyk is feeling the squeeze.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
It makes a difference. Melnyk is feeling the squeeze.

The $ aspects matter, but are really secondary to the psychological impact.

If Melnyk’s plan is to pretend he can scuttle the Lebreton deal and hunker down in Kanata, then the fans can give him a sneak peek of what that will look like longterm with crowds in the 5,000 range.

Hurts Eugene in the pocket and shows the utter futility in his continued ownership.

Last edited:

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

Precisely. The next 6-8 weeks are critical.

Time to ramp up the pressure by emptying the arena!

Last edited:

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Losing lebreton might actually be the best thing for this franchise moving forward

Then Eugene has no pot of gold as his reasoning to hang on to the team

It certainly could be the best news if it forces Melnyk to sell in the 2 months. It could also have (very) negative repercussions. I'm not celebrating anything quite yet, because if anyone will tank the value of his own product out of pride (or delusion) it would be EM.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

The media need to step up and press the issue here. This is no longer a "sports" story, it nows affects the City as a whole. The Lebreton deal is too important, pressure needs to be put on Melnyk so that he either sells or figures out whatever "internal issue" they're having and fix it.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I feel so bad for the players caught in the middle of all of this. They’re a very exciting team to watch. On that note does it matter if we watch the games at home? They don’t generate revenue from ratings, do they?

Reactions: Canadian Game

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I feel so bad for the players caught in the middle of all of this. They’re a very exciting team to watch. On that note does it matter if we watch the games at home? They don’t generate revenue from ratings, do they?

You do whatever it is you want to do. You don't need the approval of some internet forum Manitou.

billpo

Jun 28, 2006
is anyone really surprised about this...when the announcement first happened back when, I knew we would never see an arena with Melnyk as the owner. Who would ever build an arena for this guy without owning at least 50 %(if not more) of the Senators...This guy wants bootlickers(such as Dorion) to work for him...not people who will actually have a say in Hockey Operations, and how the team will be run...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad