Recalled/Assigned: Meier recalled 12/15/16

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I had Couture in my sig before Hertl. It's Couture in the helmet. He was a "prove you were worth the pick" prospect for most when he was called up. No where near the hype and hope for Meier we see today.

That's not to say he didn't have his supporters, but you know how this board is.

I think you might be mixing the years up. Before he was drafted there was definitely some vitriol, but it simmered down a little during the following London year.
Fast-forward to the 09-10 season, I recall a ton of hype (probably more than Meier) before he was called up. A lot of us didn't think he had to "prove" anything since he was absolutely spectacular in Worcester. Watching him, you'd know he'd be a #2C at worst.

Last edited:

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I think you might be mixing the years up. Before he was drafted there was definitely some vitriol, but it simmered down a little during the following London year.
Fast-forward to the 09-10 season, I recall a ton of hype (probably more than Meier) before he was called up. A lot of us didn't think he had to "prove" anything since he was absolutely spectacular in Worcester. Watching him, you'd know he'd be a #2C at worst.

Not the way I remember it. There was more than there was when he was drafted, but there were still naysayers as far as the pick. There were still worries about his concussion history. There was still talk he was just picked because he played for the 67's.

That's not to say there was no hype for some, but Meier is virtually universally being hyped. Just don't remember Cootch as getting that much love when he came up.

Red Light Lover

Jun 6, 2015
Oakland, CA
Not the way I remember it. There was more than there was when he was drafted, but there were still naysayers as far as the pick. There were still worries about his concussion history. There was still talk he was just picked because he played for the 67's.

That's not to say there was no hype for some, but Meier is virtually universally being hyped. Just don't remember Cootch as getting that much love when he came up.

I remember a lot of criticism for Couture, specifically his skating ability and "compete level" consistency through the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad