Recalled/Assigned: Meier recalled 12/15/16

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
I will just throw the game on another monitor and proceed to get distracted and end up working later than if I just ignored the game and finished up and went home.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
giphy.gif

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
The Sharks organization probably packed him a dozen Michael Jackson surgical masks, a 64 pack of EmergenC and a gallon of hand sanitizer

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'm expecting a Rocket Richard trophy by the end of the season. Youngest 50 in 50 that's not Gretzky too.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I have an assignment due tomorrow. Do professors recognize TTO's as well?

If you're lucky...

I had a prof a couple years ago where I mentioned the Sekac trade right before the midterm. He just angrily shook his head and I went on to write the midterm. I hand it in and he walks me to the door and holds it open, then follows me outside. I'm thinking I'm in trouble - a prof left the class midway through a midterm to talk to me. Then he starts ranting about the trade. :laugh:

Long story short, maybe you'll have a big hockey fan prof who'll cut you some slack. I got none - I got killed on that midterm. :laugh:

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
If you're lucky...

I had a prof a couple years ago where I mentioned the Sekac trade right before the midterm. He just angrily shook his head and I went on to write the midterm. I hand it in and he walks me to the door and holds it open, then follows me outside. I'm thinking I'm in trouble - a prof left the class midway through a midterm to talk to me. Then he starts ranting about the trade. :laugh:

Long story short, maybe you'll have a big hockey fan prof who'll cut you some slack. I got none - I got killed on that midterm. :laugh:

ouch lol

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
ScottyDont posted this lineup in the roster spec thread:

Marleau-Thornton-Meier
Boedker-Pavs-Lebanc
Ward-Tierney-Donsoki
Nieto/Haley-Wingels-Karlsson

I think it's the best solution, considering Carpenter/O'Regan weren't called up.

I really doubt they'll split up Pavs and Thornton. I mean REALLY doubt. I think Marleau will center the 2nd line, though. I also suspect they might try and get Meier and Lebanc on the same line, since they already have some familiarity with each other from their time on the 'Cuda.

I expect either:
Meier - Thornton - Pavelski
Boedker - Marleau - Lebanc/Donskoi
Ward - Tierney - Lebanc/Donskoi

Or swap Meier and Boedker, and go with:
Boedker - Thornton - Pavelski
Meier - Marleau - Lebanc
Ward - Tierney - Donskoi

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

He was a really nice prof, I just dropped the ball there. The midterm got moved up a few days without me knowing and I just wasn't ready. :dunno:

Still though, cracks me up every time I think about him leaving a midterm just to rant to me about a hockey trade. Though I was pretty upset myself at the time. :laugh:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
He was a really nice prof, I just dropped the ball there. The midterm got moved up a few days without me knowing and I just wasn't ready. :dunno:

Still though, cracks me up every time I think about him leaving a midterm just to rant to me about a hockey trade. Though I was pretty upset myself at the time. :laugh:

Their hands are tied, but I actually have a story. For my vector calc class a couple years ago, I was cruising with an A in the class up to the final. The day before the final I got a concussion skating. I swear, I must have gotten 15% max on that final because I couldn't study/focus/was in pain + it was a ****ing hard final. I emailed the professor after and explained the situation. He never emailed back, but I got a C in the class so I have a feeling he showed me mercy. :laugh: Saved my butt, because that was the last in the calc series they were prereqs to like two of my classes in the following quarter.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Their hands are tied, but I actually have a story. For my vector calc class a couple years ago, I was cruising with an A in the class up to the final. The day before the final I got a concussion skating. I swear, I must have gotten 15% max on that final because I couldn't study/focus/was in pain + it was a ****ing hard final. I emailed the professor after and explained the situation. He never emailed back, but I got a C in the class so I have a feeling he showed m le mercy. :laugh: Saved my butt, because that was the last in the calc series they were prereqs to like two of my classes in the following quarter.

Hah. I did it a little different.

I never went to class, then the midterm got moved up without me knowing (because I never went to class). I was drinking and gaming with my a roommate. The other roommate asks if I'm ready for the midterm. I'm a little confused, thinking it's a few days later. Well it wasn't. Then I just dropped the ball on the 2nd midterm too. Went into the final with like 30%. Got a 95% on the final and barely passed the course.

Re-took it just to fix my grade and got 95%. At least I'm consistent(ish). :laugh:

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
Barzal would have still been a much better pick and he can play both wing and center while Meier can only play wing.

One can defend Connor/Rantanen but Barzal is the most mediocre prospect to get this much love in a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad