Confirmed with Link: Meier, Harrington, 3 prospects, Col's '24 5th to Devils for 2023 1st, Zetterlund, Johanson, Okhotiuk, Mukhamadullin, conditional 2024 1st, '24 7th

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This is around what I was expecting him to get. I think the Sharks made the right decision to trade him even though Meier's probably worth this on a competitive team.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Works out for everyone. We got pieces, Devils got a good young power forward at a reasonable cost with the way the cap will be going up and Timo got his bag.

Nice to see a win-win-win for once.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Pretty terrible signing. Extremely glad that grier didn't entertain him. Good riddance.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I dunno, New Jersey got spanked by a weak Carolina team in the playoffs. They'd need to make some pretty big adds to make it to the ECF next season. I don't think Toffoli was a good fit for them.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I dunno, New Jersey got spanked by a weak Carolina team in the playoffs. They'd need to make some pretty big adds to make it to the ECF next season. I don't think Toffoli was a good fit for them.
Aside from Tyler, you’re getting a full season from Timo there, another season of experience from Mercer and a full season from Luke Hughes. They were a ridiculously young team that still accumulated 112 points.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Good for Timo. He goes to a team that has maybe the highest chance of winning the cup over the full length of the contract (i.e. a good team whose window is opening) AND gets paid well.

I feel much more confident about getting that second 1st now, especially with toffoli

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Good for Timo. He goes to a team that has maybe the highest chance of winning the cup over the full length of the contract (i.e. a good team whose window is opening) AND gets paid well.

I feel much more confident about getting that second 1st now, especially with toffoli
East is such a power house right now so hard to say.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
East is such a power house right now so hard to say.
im saying over the entire 8 years, their odds to win just 1 are probably the highest in the league, and that's mostly because of contract certainty for their core.

In other words, if you had to place a bet on one team winning over the next 8 years, the Devils would be the best pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00