Speculation: Meeting with Lecavalier

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Even if Pronger retired, he'd still collect insurance money. So he's (and I hate myself for using this) "made whole" and there's no monetary loss there.

What's the difference between retiring and the cap coming off the books, and being injured and the cap coming off the books? Nothing really. And without the 35+ rule you would see a helluva lot more cap circumvention.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I was just asking a question.
I mean, it's unlikely he'll ever play again, he's even admitted it. I know for certain his injury is legitimate; but it's kind of silly if he's doing stuff like scouting for the team... while he's on the IR.

Just seems silly to me.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Even if Pronger retired, he'd still collect insurance money. So he's (and I hate myself for using this) "made whole" and there's no monetary loss there.

It's unlikely that Proger was himself insured against injury when his contract is guaranteed. He hasn't suffered any loss. He gets paid even if he's injured. Insurance doesn't allow you to "double dip".

Philly may have some part of his contract insured, no one really knows. Insurance like that is extremely expensive.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I was just asking a question.
I mean, it's unlikely he'll ever play again, he's even admitted it. I know for certain his injury is legitimate; but it's kind of silly if he's doing stuff like scouting for the team... while he's on the IR.

Just seems silly to me.

Crosby helped coach when he was dealing with his concussion is that not allowed?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Savard still hasn't retired either, but oddly the Bruins haven't put him on LTIR at all yet to offset his $5m cap hit.
they have placed him on LTIR before. The only reason why they wouldn't place him on LTIR is they can't unless they need the space, LTIR only works if the team needs to exceed the cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad