Medvescak Zagreb 2013/2014 season talk Part II

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
He has a valid points. The team looked physically weak in the end of the second game, walking around when Riga skated right past them. Imagine what will happen after a 4 game trip to Siberia, and on the big ice. Not to mention that the team has a lot of passengers, who are not ready to play on KHL level.

We'll see, but I think Gimaev is right.

Several years ago almost the same comments we heard about Canadians (AHL legionnaires) in Barys

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
This is how a jersey should look, and not. Even though the green to the right is a newer one and is better.

images
Fro_match_troja_200.jpg
Replica-08-09-250.jpg

I dont own that on the left, they made two even more nice ones, one which is the retro one below which was used during one game only i believe when we played an outdoor game a couple of years ago. They took €55 for it new. My other one is also a replica but not sublimated, it is with sewn on stuff and they took €70 or something.

9127560_466x347.jpg

So what you need to do is to mail team management, wanting one ad-free replica for maybe €50-70 depending on quality.

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Frolunda would have BIG PLUS in my eyes as KHL club.. not blue jerseys.

Fragmuffin

Aug 20, 2013
Zagreb
There will be a better replica available to be bought some time later this month i think. As for the current replica, it isn't top notch quality, but its affordable (350kn) and a nice souvenir. You can also buy it in the arena on match day!

As for the attendance, its 95% full, just cuz the seats that have to be reserved for the big sponsors are left vacant, and the tickets for those seats somehow always end up being sold in front of the arena or via internet for double the price.
Something which has plagued the club for years, and that is left unanswered by the ticket policy.

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under

All right all right i guess it was a dumb question. I guess it's both so the road teams fans can watch too. I did not think it through probably partly becouse my enthusiasm was/is guttered becouse there are no english commentary as far as i know, partly becouse i'm swedish and was more wondering for a croatian guy here in sweden that i know.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
All right all right i guess it was a dumb question. I guess it's both so the road teams fans can watch too. I did not think it through probably partly becouse my enthusiasm was/is guttered becouse there are no english commentary as far as i know, partly becouse i'm swedish and was more wondering for a croatian guy here in sweden that i know.

Take it as a lesson of russian language ;) Maybe you will be fluent at the end of season. :amazed:

loppa*

Take it as a lesson of russian language ;) Maybe you will be fluent at the end of season. :amazed:

Give me a link and I'll tell you. I saw a bit of a broadcast the other day, it was in Russian however. I suspect they have it in Serbocroatian too, not sure though. Here's a tip though, the latter is kinda like as my friend said "ghetto russian", less vowels. And the eastern dialect has even less vowels too (less y sound), but just imagine which one is softer. Polish on the other hand is very shushy... if you hear lots of sh sch zhsh you know it's polish. So, russian is yicky, polish sushy, not sure what is a tell tale sign for the others heh.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Give me a link and I'll tell you. I saw a bit of a broadcast the other day, it was in Russian however. I suspect they have it in Serbocroatian too, not sure though.

I know that russian commentator at KHL game center, I dont need to give a link. All games are in russian (IMO).. feel free to correct tme.

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under

I'm like super stupid today, and not becouse i dont know russian. I believe we actually have some cable provider here in Sweden where the KHL can be watched, probably with swedish commentators although i would guess that they dont do all Zagreb games which my friend i'm sure would like. Maybe they do but only with croatian commentators which would work fine. We'll look into it.

Ivan94

Jun 1, 2013
Germany
if your friend want croatian commentators he can watch it on HRT2. HRT 1,2,3, and 4 can be watch in whole europe. but you have to pay 1000kn a year to get a card which unlock the programs. or you have to find an "expert" who can unlock the programs illegaly for fewer money.

but only 12 home games. the others are on croatian pay-tv channel sportclub.

roki977

Sep 6, 2013
Zagreb
Medvescak is so far his own worst enemy. Big mistakes in defense. Offence is ok, maybe bit slow but ok.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Medvescak's official team shop is in PraÅ¡ka ulica in the center of the city. Just go to the main square (Jelačić square) and go down the street where the tram goes south towards Zrinjevac park (just follow the sword direction of the horseman statue at the main square ;) )

Thanks, I found it. All jerseys were sold out at the store! I did however manage to find the fan shop inside the arena and I was able to buy a #55 Foster jersey.:handclap:

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Hey guys, got a questions regarding Dom Sportova capacity / attendance. I read somewhere that the first 4 home games were sold out in short time but how comes that en.khl.ru gives three totally different attendance numbers for the first three home games. Does capacity change or aren't all games sold out or mistake by en.khl.ru? :D

loppa*

Hey guys, got a questions regarding Dom Sportova capacity / attendance. I read somewhere that the first 4 home games were sold out in short time but how comes that en.khl.ru gives three totally different attendance numbers for the first three home games. Does capacity change or aren't all games sold out or mistake by en.khl.ru? :D

Just a thought - maybe that is the number of people at the start of the game, and as it went on it filled up? Just a thought, I really dunno.

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
Another question. I've heard that Medvescak also has sold out Arena Zagreb in the past. What is the plan regarding playing there again? And while i'm at it, would it not be cool to play a KHL game as well in the ancient Pula Arena?

Medo

Oct 26, 2011
During the first game there was a cover on some seats in the away sector. I've noticed that it was partially removed in games against Dinamo and Lev. Also it varies on the number of away fans. Some smaller number of tickets was put on sale on the match day but i don't know if those were the tickets from that sector or unused sponsor tickets. Number against the CSKA is obviously wrong. That's not even the capacity of the arena. If i had to guess i'd say there were 6400 people on all three matches with around 100 seats empty in away sector. There was same amount of people on all three games so i think someone just put that number in randomly.

medvescak_lev-18_(kopiraj)_03233.jpg.axd

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad