Speculation: media?

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
do you guys think its been the toronto media all these years, why the leafs can't win a cup, always starting a controversial with leaf players, getting in there heads.:nod::)

with 22 games left, the media is starting so much about bolland, which is not true

you guys dont think it effects the players:)

rogers and bell need to smarten up some reporters on there payroll , before this team goes over the cliff again.

positive positive positive:nod::nod:

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
All on the media. It has nothing to do with the overall quality of the teams that came close. Definitely.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Yay excuses!

there in there faces, righting lies, being negative. look at kessel now wants to be left alone , no there all over him.

bolland all kinds of rumors, asking him stupid questions.

toronto media the most negative media, and most hated by the players:nod::)

wc17

Feb 22, 2009
Toronto
100%!!!!

I've never seen James Mirtle backcheck even once! Never seen Jonas Siegel score 1 important goal!

These guys need to step it up or the Leafs are never gonna win a cup!!!

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
100%!!!!

I've never seen James Mirtle backcheck even once! Never seen Jonas Siegel score 1 important goal!

These guys need to step it up or the Leafs are never gonna win a cup!!!

i guess your right , kessel should of talked to the media today,, and if the media haunt him in the dressing room ,start rumors about him, get in his head, its ok let the media do it.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
wow, just wow

i know, with just 22 games left the media is going to get into the players heads.
they are getting into the fans heads, we could not wait for bolland to come back, now the fans want him gone, on rumors the media are making up.:nod:

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
no the reason we sucked all those years was because our best players were Antropof and Jason ****ing Blake. The current team is as good as its record.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Well they do seem only to exist to be negative so that certainly doesn't create a great atmosphere. And whenever the Leafs do with the cup they probably will start off with writing about how they did it wrong.

But there certainly are bigger reasons why there has been a lack of success. The media just makes it a less pleasant environment while that is going on.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
no the reason we sucked all those years was because our best players were Antropof and Jason ****ing Blake. The current team is as good as its record.

i'm going back every time we had a good team, the media was so negative with the players, coaches and management, started so many rumors, lies, :nod:

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
The media doesnt help at all, but they are professional atheletes and should be able to take it with a grain of salt.

I think a bigger issue is when we have young assets that can help the team in the near future they get pawned off for a fix now vet.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
do you guys think its been the toronto media all these years, why the leafs can't win a cup, always starting a controversial with leaf players, getting in there heads.:nod::)

with 22 games left, the media is starting so much about bolland, which is not true

rogers and bell need to smarten up some reporters on there payroll , before this team goes over the cliff again.

yo give me a snort of what you're having tonight.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
I think workers are more productive when surrounded by a positive atmosphere. I believe the Toronto media thrives off of a negative atmosphere. So they certainly haven't HELPED. That being said, the players are professionals and probably ignore the media for the most part. So I don't think it is a legit excuse.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Mirtle's fault. He gets too much ice time and his Corsi is horrible, we need to trade him for one of Detroit's media guys

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

Is this the same reason Team Canada can never win a gold medal, considering they have the most pressure and Canadian media is the most hockey-oriented media?

Last edited:

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I don't think that it's entirely on the media, but they probably do add a lot of unnecessary negatives

I really do not believe that reporters, even the ones that have actually played at the highest level, let alone the others that haven't(looking at you Bobo and dog), should speculate on player/team contract negotiations. That is nobodies business except those who are involved

but hey what the hell let er fly right!

I wonder what BMac's kid is getting paid at Sportsnet or even why is he there???? .........

or what Dreger is negotiating for himself at TSN . or what Larry Brooks actually makes at the NY Post.

All of these guys would be outraged if any of their bretheren started public speculation of their contract demands or even what the real remuneration is.

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
I don't think that it's entirely on the media, but they probably do add a lot of unnecessary negatives

I really do not believe that reporters, even the ones that have actually played at the highest level, let alone the others that haven't(looking at you Bobo and dog), should speculate on player/team contract negotiations. That is nobodies business except those who are involved

but hey what the hell let er fly right!

I wonder what BMac's kid is getting paid at Sportsnet or even why is he there???? .........

or what Dreger is negotiating for himself at TSN . or what Larry Brooks actually makes at the NY Post.

All of these guys would be outraged if any of their bretheren started public speculation of their contract demands or even what the real remuneration is.

"Dave Bolland Seeking 7 or 8 year term" - thread has been up for less than 24hrs and has over 300 replies and 8400 views.

There's clearly a market for contract speculation. If you're in the business of sports reporting, you have to tap that market.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

To the bolded, comrade we must control the propaganda machine.:sarcasm:

Freedom of the press is a keystone to a truly free society. shame on you comrade.:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad