Media reporting Stoll arrested for cocaine possession (Mod Warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Who cares what he does in his personal time?

There is no way he does more than a weekend or 2 in jail, is fined and does some community service...

8 grams of Molly is a lot but a ball isn't... Also wasn't he partying with a bunch of people? Well that's that then.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009

There is no way he does more than a weekend or 2 in jail, is fined and does some community service...

8 grams of Molly is a lot but a ball isn't... Also wasn't he partying with a bunch of people? Well that's that then.

Saying "he was partying with a lot of people thats his excuse" is not a good reason.Because that means he is trafficking then.Getting it for a bunch of your friends is drug distribution and far more severe then simple possession.That is no excuse and quite frankly ridiculous that people are even posting things like this.It doesn't matter if he gives it to his boys for at cost or just gives it to them for free.It's dealing.

King Karl

five-year run of unparalleled suffering
Mar 18, 2014
Halifax, NS
First thing that past through my head. If this is truw the NHL has a pretty pathetic drug testing program. Moderately turns me off the sport
The stuff doesn't last in your urine for a particularly long time, usually less than a week, unless they're specifically looking for it.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
8 grams? Jeez, that's a lot. I don't think it was for dealing though. Maybe he just went to an underground COSTCO to buy that **** in bulk for cheaper. Don't know if there's an expiry or best before date on that... or something :laugh:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Either way, he'll likely plea guilty to a lesser charge, see community service time and a fine and probation, and never see the inside of a jail cell.

Benvolio

Nov 14, 2013
I honestly don't know why cocaine is such a big deal.

Because the Federal government made it illegal and people that know nothing about ethics think it is unethical.

Seriously though. People don't talk about physics or medicine like they are experts but apparently everyone is an expert in ethics. I guess that masters in biomedical ethics I will be pursuing soon will be worthless.

Ttracer*

Everyone is assuming he's guilty. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Most of this story is all lies, there was no molly in the report.

They need concrete video evidence cash for dope, without it all they have is a C list celebrity with some white girl.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Everyone is assuming he's guilty. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Most of this story is all lies, there was no molly in the report.

They need concrete video evidence cash for dope, without it all they have is a C list celebrity with some white girl.

In a court of law he's innocent, but in the court of popular opinion he isn't necessarily innocent.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
it seems to some that possession of an illegal substance is no big deal. I wonder if it would still be no big deal if it was HGH rather than cocaine. Is it the crime that should be ignored regardless or substance, or is it the fact that it wasn't a substance deemed "unfair" or "giving a competitive advantage" that means it should be ignored?

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Because the Federal government made it illegal and people that know nothing about ethics think it is unethical.

Seriously though. People don't talk about physics or medicine like they are experts but apparently everyone is an expert in ethics. I guess that masters in biomedical ethics I will be pursuing soon will be worthless.
I think its use could be considered unethical when you consider all that the cocaine trade entails. That obviously isn't the justification for why it is illegal, though.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I honestly don't know why cocaine is such a big deal.

You can't grow cocaine in North America which means you'd be helping the economy in South America. Make it illegal and let drug dealers profit from it while creating large amounts of violent crime.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Yea he most likely has a spotless record and no priors so he'll get off, at worst he'll go to celebrity prison and play golf all day for a month or two.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
I think its use could be considered unethical when you consider all that the cocaine trade entails. That obviously isn't the justification for why it is illegal, though.
In fact an argument for legalization and control that way is that you could start rooting out the cartels by cutting off their sources of income.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Well the "I was just having fun" excuse is pretty flimsy. :laugh: I don't care if one chooses to rail lines all night but don't cry foul if you get caught with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad