Media reporting Stoll arrested for cocaine possession (Mod Warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Steve Jobs was responsible for the iPhone which has killed millions of people through war and slave-mining operations while others continue to work in manufacturing conditions that would make a 19th century plantation owner cringe in disgust.

Stoll didn't kill or enslave anyone.

If you're saying Steve Jobs is responsible for war, slave-mining, and sweatshops, surely Stoll is likewise responsible for drug wars in Central and South America.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Marshall Henderson is the GOAT

Just read the arrest report and dear god is Stoll a silly, silly man. BRO THEY WERE PATTING EVERYBODY DOWN WTF ARE YOU DOING??

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
i need to party with some of you who think 8 grams is a personal amount of molly for a day at the pool

I would bet good money that the majority of posters claiming to be experts on the effects of drugs and alcohol are in fact too young to actually buy beer legally.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
i need to party with some of you who think 8 grams is a personal amount of molly for a day at the pool

While 8 grams isn't a personal amount, it's an amount that would be classified having little enough to assume it's for personal use instead of selling it.

8 grams is enough for 10+ people, which is pretty plausible considering one person usually buys it for the rest of the group when meeting up in the summer.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
While 8 grams isn't a personal amount, it's an amount that would be classified having little enough to assume it's for personal use instead of selling it.

8 grams is enough for 10+ people, which is pretty plausible considering one person usually buys it for the rest of the group when meeting up in the summer.

If he's buying it for 10+ people, how is it personal?

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014

8 grams is enough for at least 40 people to have a highly eventful night. That's being quite liberal in suggesting all of them take 200mg...(100mg is enough for people with minimal tolerance).

Either way I'm not miffed by this. Stoll wasn't the only guy there that day who had drugs/intentions of doing drugs/has previously done drugs. And he won't be the only professional athlete we hear about over the next few months who gets in trouble with the law.

Too much politicking in this thread, anyway..

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
I don't get why he went along with a voluntary patdown? and then when asked if it was coke he said yes? he could have just left. imo hes always been a good guy who stayed out of the limelight and probably never wanted to cause a scene....?

yeah, and you have can see where they are patting down the entrants from a few feet away before getting inside.

why not just turn around and leave?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Doesn't really shock me that much.

Pro athletes live a rock star life ... constant travel, millions of dollars in the bank account, nightclubs/parties, adulation of fans, female groupies, recreational drugs ...

What do you expect? For everyone to be a perfect little angel?

I'm guessing he thought he could get through the pat down and even if they caught the pills, he could just hope that they would think they were prescription pills or something. Likely he had gotten away with this before.

When they called him out and asked if it was coke, he probably figured at that point it was just better to tell the truth.

LaCarriere

Wow. A grown man has a personal-use amount of cocaine and MDMA. What a travesty!

I can't believe this is even a big deal. The guy just got eliminated from the playoffs. He's on his first official weekend off. It was a long season. Leave him alone.

I hate our obsession with the war on drugs here. Its out of control.

There's nothing personal about 8.1 grams of MDMA. The 8 ball of coke isn't even personal, unless you're talking about a 2+ day bender.

That said, athletes sure are under a microscope these days. Some random 9-5 office worker or blue collar factory workers do **** on the weekend and nobody cares, but athletes are expected to be perfect role models.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Marshall Henderson is the GOAT

Just read the arrest report and dear god is Stoll a silly, silly man. BRO THEY WERE PATTING EVERYBODY DOWN WTF ARE YOU DOING??

Henderson is still a turd...but that was great :laugh:

In addition, I'm amused that Stoll is being referred to mostly as Mr. Erin Andrews :laugh:

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
3+1+1+3 =...hmmm, that's 8 people dead from what at first glance seem to be unrelated causes, until one realizes the 1 thing they all had in common was....knowing you. And you say I'm ironic?

Oh, I just noticed you left off Litterbugging from your list of what you decided this thread was going to be about in addition to Stoll's arrest. Why, it was only yesterday that you added this element to the thread when you wrote...

So which is it, Waggy? Is this thread about Stoll's arrest? Or is it about Stoll's arrest plus conveniently using it as a vehicle to engage in a general debate on drugs, alcohol, tobacco, etc using personal anecdotes and opinions of those additional things for the purpose of weighing them on an imaginary Social Ill Scale in order to claim some type of moralistic high ground and/or to point out the hypocrisy that exists in every government? I ask this because if Litterbugging is something that can be dumped onto that imaginary Scale along with the rest of the non-related garbage, then surely iPhones (which, unlike you and the subject of Litterbugging, I didn't introduce to this thread) can be too.

Insinuating I'm somehow responsible for my close friends and family members drug related deaths? Wow. That's a first for me on here.

Enjoy your half empty glass my friend.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
https://twitter.com/ProHockeyTalk/status/590903504962654208

"Drew Doughty*and*Martin Jones*were two of “more than a dozen” L.A. Kings in Las Vegas at the time ofJarret Stoll‘s arrest for cocaine and MDMA possession,*per TMZ.

According to TMZ sources, the incident Wet Republic at the MGM Grand occurred during an unofficial team party to wind down the season, though the 32-year-old center was the only player accused of any wrongdoing. The same sources also report that many Kings “continued to party in Vegas throughout the weekend even after Stoll was arrested.”

Stoll was arrested late Friday*after going through a security pat-down, and later released on $5,000 bond from the Clark County Detention Center. He reportedly admitted the powdered substance in his possession was cocaine.

The Kings are familiar with Wet Republic, having*celebrated their first Stanley Cup championship there*in 2012. L.A. thenbrought the Cup back to Vegas last year*after defeating the New York Rangers in the final"

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
If you're saying Steve Jobs is responsible for war, slave-mining, and sweatshops, surely Stoll is likewise responsible for drug wars in Central and South America.

Glad I'm not the only one who found that funny :laugh:

It's like people think where cocaine comes from is so much better than an iphone. Get real people. Go talk to some peruvian farmer whose life is essentially growing a plant for organized crime that if he doesn't grow it they'll murder his entire family :laugh: Yep, nothing wrong with how cocaine is made. :sarcasm:

This thread honestly should've been locked the minute people made stupid comments like cocaine > iphone. :biglaugh:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Some people prefer to let loose in the offseason with golf and chamomile tea, others like to gnaw their lips off and vibe out.

The passive aggressive jab EA took at Stoll on dancing with the stars was SOOOOO Erin Andrews. Kirk Minihane called a spade a spade this summer and got suspended, but he sure as hell doesn't seem all that offbase.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
That's completely incorrect about cocaine. One hit does very little. Like alcohol, it is something that scales easily. One beer will hit you harder than one line of coke.

Marijuana doesn't. But it's infinitely safer than alcohol and coke.

I highly doubt someone can do a line of coke and feel absolutly nothing unless they're a drug addict.

Jul 22, 2012
There's nothing personal about 8.1 grams of MDMA. The 8 ball of coke isn't even personal, unless you're talking about a 2+ day bender.

That said, athletes sure are under a microscope these days. Some random 9-5 office worker or blue collar factory workers do **** on the weekend and nobody cares, but athletes are expected to be perfect role models.

An 8 ball is definitely more personal than 8.1 grams of molly.. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
CIIDoYwUYAAS5Ar.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad