Confirmed with Link: Mears and Errey fired

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
A real problem with the league is no regularity to where the damn games are hosted. That AND blackouts.

Hockey? "How do you watch it?"
- Sometimes on ESPN at 6, 630, 7, 730, 8, 815, or 9-930 west coast.
- But it's also on this network called TNT. Might remember it from watching the Matrix at 10pm two decades ago in the cable era. Not sure how to watch that channel anymore. Ask a basketball fan.
- But also this network called NHL network.
- Oh by the way you'll have to check the new shit-tier NHL app that's more confusing than an AI-generated website with ads all over the place. That or the NHL website. There's no regularity to where YOUR team will be shown and on what day - just sporadically through the season. Good luck.
Is it really that bad? No more FSN means I'd have no place to get it as a paying customer (or atnt pitt / root ). I used to pay whatever it cost to get the channel with penguins hockey.
Then along came the greedy corporation of incredible price hikes that cable came to be more than a car payment. Good bye forever cable. RIP 1990 something to 2018 or 19.
Are you saying there is no way to watch your local team anymore?

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Is it really that bad? No more FSN means I'd have no place to get it as a paying customer (or atnt pitt / root ). I used to pay whatever it cost to get the channel with penguins hockey.
Then along came the greedy corporation of incredible price hikes that cable came to be more than a car payment. Good bye forever cable. RIP 1990 something to 2018 or 19.
It is not greedy Corporations, well I guess it is. It is because to carry ESPN, Disney makes you carry ESPN2, ESPNNews & ESPNU

Reactions: LOGiK

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida

Oh there are ways.

But without cable, no, there is not. Pretty easy fix with a little wherewithall and guide following if you're not tech savvy yourselves.

I'm making comments based on a broad audience - not my own personal experience. When I have conversations with locals - the vast majority only care about football and watching that has been made easy for them. Even the obscure team fan knows they can get a network channel through Sling or whatever. When they ask where hockey is broadcasted - I have to pause every other sentence and point out asterisks.

I think the Pens are featured on 5 different networks this season. Their games are on different days to begin with (that's fine) - but also different times. It's not as cut and dry as "yeah man, you can catch them on Saturday's at 8." I was alluding to you gotta track down their schedule and set a watch to their games.

I'd be fine with 8pm starts no matter what. Every single night - 8pm. This 1pm Saturday shit or 630 game is frustrating to this avid fan. A newbie it's super difficult to get them involved.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Oh there are ways.

But without cable, no, there is not. Pretty easy fix with a little wherewithall and guide following if you're not tech savvy yourselves.

I'm making comments based on a broad audience - not my own personal experience. When I have conversations with locals - the vast majority only care about football and watching that has been made easy for them. Even the obscure team fan knows they can get a network channel through Sling or whatever. When they ask where hockey is broadcasted - I have to pause every other sentence and point out asterisks.

I think the Pens are featured on 5 different networks this season. Their games are on different days to begin with (that's fine) - but also different times. It's not as cut and dry as "yeah man, you can catch them on Saturday's at 8." I was alluding to you gotta track down their schedule and set a watch to their games.

I'd be fine with 8pm starts no matter what. Every single night - 8pm. This 1pm Saturday shit or 630 game is frustrating to this avid fan. A newbie it's super difficult to get them involved.
I have no problem watching any sport I enjoy.
Hockey and (european) football.
I'm just curious for the regular joe cable guy -- since they did away with hockey carrying little channels.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I have no problem watching any sport I enjoy.
Hockey and (european) football.
I'm just curious for the regular joe cable guy -- since they did away with hockey carrying little channels.

Basically the point I'm making. Go explain to an average person how to watch the NHL and try to do so in less than 1 minute (adult attention span to be interested)...shim that minute down to 8 seconds for anyone under 35. It's almost impossible. I just say 'ESPN+' carries a lot of the games - but to watch the Lightning or Panthers you'll need cab.. (that's where I lose them) and the average person doesn't want to fiddle with their router or find streaming sites etc.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Oh there are ways.

This is one of the MANY ways hockey is such an inferior TV product and garage league.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Colby was really driving me insane last game. He can only talk in half sentences without pausing.

f*** no to Mears.
Colby really f***ing sucks. Tyler Kennedy would be better at this and he's smarter than Colby. Hell I'd take Rupp over Colby too.

I like Getzoff. He's a 500% upgrade on Mears. If anything I'd just want Errey back over Colby.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Basically the point I'm making. Go explain to an average person how to watch the NHL and try to do so in less than 1 minute (adult attention span to be interested)...shim that minute down to 8 seconds for anyone under 35. It's almost impossible. I just say 'ESPN+' carries a lot of the games - but to watch the Lightning or Panthers you'll need cab.. (that's where I lose them) and the average person doesn't want to fiddle with their router or find streaming sites etc.

The NHL makes it insanely hard to watch the games in any way you could with futbol, nba, NFL, or baseball. They need to grow the game and yet they make it so the TV rights are just putrid. In Canada I found out the hard way that the cable monopoly that is Rogers/Shaw is the only way you can get the NHL package and even then the coverage is so f***ing bad. You don't get all the games and you get a ton of black outs.

Who the f*** wants to pay for a season and get 70% of the games, maybe if you're lucky, the ones you want to watch aren't blocked often.

I f***ing hate the NBA and yet their lame f*** games are on channels I didn't have to pay extra for and they'd be like bottom feeder f***ing teams.

Like imagine just finding Arizona vs San Jose on a random channel like nba, that sort of shit.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The NHL makes it insanely hard to watch the games in any way you could with futbol, nba, NFL, or baseball. They need to grow the game and yet they make it so the TV rights are just putrid. In Canada I found out the hard way that the cable monopoly that is Rogers/Shaw is the only way you can get the NHL package and even then the coverage is so f***ing bad. You don't get all the games and you get a ton of black outs.

Who the f*** wants to pay for a season and get 70% of the games, maybe if you're lucky, the ones you want to watch aren't blocked often.

I f***ing hate the NBA and yet their lame f*** games are on channels I didn't have to pay extra for and they'd be like bottom feeder f***ing teams.

Like imagine just finding Arizona vs San Jose on a random channel like nba, that sort of shit.
Basketball is the dumbest sport in my personal opinion.
Maybe if it had a tackle / contact element implemented in some way... but it is just dreadful to spectate with me.
Not bad at all to shoot hoops and all... that is fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad