Confirmed with Link: MDZ not given a QO - Now a UFA

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008
The 80's called... they want their phrase back. Maybe the "use by" date expired? :dunno:

Come on ... 80s? I graduated HS in the 80s and am pretty sure we never used the words "butt" and "hurt" together in that manner ... :sarcasm:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Its like this we had Jones, Weber and Josi all big shots playing top 4. For some reaosn the front office thought is a good idea to trade away the lone guy we had playing top 4 that was a true stay at home defenseman. Getting a guy that was doomed to be uncapable of matching the offensive talent of the 3 already in the top three. Therefore we lose a nice piece and a good guy on the team. He has a good family as well met his mom the first time he came to rookie camp. Spoke with her at camp a few other times so yeah im not happy with the way this worked out. I was one of the few that did not like this the first day the trade happened and im sure there are those who hate I was right.

For some reason? Maybe the reason was he struggled on the left side and didn't produce the offense the other guys on the right side did.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I think so. I believe its only if we had walked away from an arbitration judgement that we couldnt have subsequently signed him

I personally am not against bringing him back, but after we called him "not a good fit", the odds seem slim.

I really would have liked to see this guy under Lav, but I get that we couldn't give him 3mil. Still, if we can get him for under 2mil...he's as good as most other options out there. I think we target a veteran though (Volchenkov/Gleason/Pitkanen)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I personally am not against bringing him back, but after we called him "not a good fit", the odds seem slim.

I really would have liked to see this guy under Lav, but I get that we couldn't give him 3mil. Still, if we can get him for under 2mil...he's as good as most other options out there. I think we target a veteran though (Volchenkov/Gleason/Pitkanen)

How far under $2 million for a player that didn't play well last season?

What is the league minimum? If the Preds truly don't want him, he is worth zero.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't think it has anything to do with no one wanting him but rather I think he is probably wanting more money and term than anyone is willing to give him right now.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Just a Klein fan!

I never liked the Peter Forsberg trade either, and said so from the beginning.

Big fan of Klein too. Watching the Rangers series it seemed like he caught on well with the boys up there. But a couple of posts below yours were just bashing the trade for the same of pushing their anti Poile agenda.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Big fan of Klein too. Watching the Rangers series it seemed like he caught on well with the boys up there. But a couple of posts below yours were just bashing the trade for the same of pushing their anti Poile agenda.

It is not anti-Poile to rightfully call out how poor of a trade this was. Even at the time, many were disturbed. MDZ was scratched by both coaches he played for last year, and his reputation did not seem to be one that would fit the Nashville style.

Look, MDZ is a talented player, but this was a terrible trade. He played sparsely for us, was scratched, and he was non-qualified when we have a TON of cap room. It was a complete failure in all aspects.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
It is not anti-Poile to rightfully call out how poor of a trade this was. Even at the time, many were disturbed. MDZ was scratched by both coaches he played for last year, and his reputation did not seem to be one that would fit the Nashville style.

Look, MDZ is a talented player, but this was a terrible trade. He played sparsely for us, was scratched, and he was non-qualified when we have a TON of cap room. It was a complete failure in all aspects.

Yep, turns out he wasn't a fit. I hate losing Klein, hated it at the time. But I understand that we needed left handers, and someone (a whole team of someones actually) that does this for a living thought this was a good deal for the Predators and Rangers. Rangers won this one. Predators and Poile lost this one for sure, it's been discussed a lot, but at some point, the message is worn out. For Pete's sake we still have people posting Trotz zingers on here and he isn't the coach anymore. It's just odd vitriol.

gopreds19

Formerly gobears19
Nov 10, 2008
Houston
Yep, turns out he wasn't a fit. I hate losing Klein, hated it at the time. But I understand that we needed left handers, and someone (a whole team of someones actually) that does this for a living thought this was a good deal for the Predators and Rangers. Rangers won this one. Predators and Poile lost this one for sure, it's been discussed a lot, but at some point, the message is worn out. For Pete's sake we still have people posting Trotz zingers on here and he isn't the coach anymore. It's just odd vitriol.

So at what point do you hold our GM accountable? Or are you satisfied with just making the playoffs from time to time, then seeing our players bolt because of our GM's incompetence.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
So at what point do you hold our GM accountable? Or are you satisfied with just making the playoffs from time to time, then seeing our players bolt because of our GM's incompetence.

if GMs were fired for making one bad trade them Ken Holland would be out in Detroit for giving us Jarnkrok and a second for a rental Legwand.

The owners are already holding Poile accountable, you and I cant do anything otherwise.

gopreds19

Formerly gobears19
Nov 10, 2008
Houston
if GMs were fired for making one bad trade them Ken Holland would be out in Detroit for giving us Jarnkrok and a second for a rental Legwand.

The owners are already holding Poile accountable, you and I cant do anything otherwise.

If this was only his first bad trade or contractual f-up, I'd see your point. I see it more as emblematic of his overall poor performance.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If this was only his first bad trade or contractual f-up, I'd see your point. I see it more as emblematic of his overall poor performance.

Maybe so, but its not like we can do anything about it. We all know the owners have Poile on the hot seat, so at some point his teams are either going to have to put up or shut up.

TBH the every day *****ing about Poile gets old. Yes he has screwed up, yes there is nothing wrong with pointing that out when its done. What gets freaking old is when the only comments made are about him stinking it up.

You, I, nor the President can do a dang thing about it, thats the owners call. Horse is dead, beaten, drug down the street, beaten again, and then used for a pinata.

We got it.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
MDZ would be signed already if he wasn't asking for at least what he made last season if not a raise. Once he comes off that number he will sign fast.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
MDZ would be signed already if he wasn't asking for at least what he made last season if not a raise. Once he comes off that number he will sign fast.

Pretty much my thought. Its not that his career is over and no one wants him, heck I'm not even sure we don't want him tbh. No one is going to sign him for what he was scheduled to make though, and until he comes off that he is going to be sitting at home unless someone gets insanely desperate.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land

Why do you use new words to post the same thing over and over, just copy and paste your favorite anti-Poile post you have written here (you have plenty to choose from).

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

MDZ and his agent are smoking crack if they are asking for 3 Mil or more.

Ill be shocked if he gets 2 Mil or more...

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
as for del zotto, I think the fact that he hasnt sogned is showing how bad a trade it was to get him, but that it wasnt a bad move to not qualify him.. ie no sense throwing good money/cap space after bad...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad