Confirmed with Link: MDZ not given a QO - Now a UFA

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
gotta hope we can sign and trade him for a top 6 winger of some kind or a mid to late first next year/ high second if he is really being shopped

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Why can't you accept that the only credible information available on Spezza says he has us on the no trade list? Do you have information that paid journalists have yet to uncover?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
But you aren't getting a top 6 winger for him. Unless you add something else huge. Hasn't his value plummeted big time?
i think its pretty obvious we would be adding

Why can't you accept that the only credible information available on Spezza says he has us on the no trade list? Do you have information that paid journalists have yet to uncover?

if you're referring to me, today's news is the first report that spezza will definitely not come here. spezza to nashville can be put to bed

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
We've been on his no trade list, as reported in multiple places days ago. It seemed like nobody wanted to accept it

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
We've been on his no trade list, as reported in multiple places days ago. It seemed like nobody wanted to accept it

agreed but there were also contradicting quotes from the Sens GM and multiple reports that someone on his no trade list could become a yes.. wishful thinking probably from the beginning

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
agreed but there were also contradicting quotes from the Sens GM and multiple reports that someone on his no trade list could become a yes.. wishful thinking probably from the beginning

You are not off base here - I don't want a player who doesn't want to play here, but Ken Campbell thinks there still might be a chance he changes his mind.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/dont-rule-out-jason-spezza-to-nashville-deal-just-yet/

"The best chance for Jason Spezza to get the trade out of Ottawa that he supposedly wants might be for him to change his mind about going to the Nashville Predators. And while the Predators are one of the 10 teams that Spezza had on his no-trade list, that doesn’t mean that won’t change.
Senators GM Bryan Murray said after the NHL draft that he had a deal to send Spezza to the Predators Friday night, but the deal was scuttled because the Predators are on one of the 10 teams to which Spezza listed on his no-trade list. When asked whether his client would change his mind about going to Nashville, Spezza’s agent Rick Curran said, “I really can’t say one way or another. Nashville was on Jason’s list that we put together a while ago and without the benefit of a crystal ball, I can’t say. Call me in three or four days and we might have a better answer.â "

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm just of the mindset that if he didn't want to be here before Neal, he's not going to want to stay once his one year is done. At this point I would offer Ottawa very little, they lost their leverage after the draft.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
You are not off base here - I don't want a player who doesn't want to play here, but Ken Campbell thinks there still might be a chance he changes his mind.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/dont-rule-out-jason-spezza-to-nashville-deal-just-yet/

"The best chance for Jason Spezza to get the trade out of Ottawa that he supposedly wants might be for him to change his mind about going to the Nashville Predators. And while the Predators are one of the 10 teams that Spezza had on his no-trade list, that doesn’t mean that won’t change.
Senators GM Bryan Murray said after the NHL draft that he had a deal to send Spezza to the Predators Friday night, but the deal was scuttled because the Predators are on one of the 10 teams to which Spezza listed on his no-trade list. When asked whether his client would change his mind about going to Nashville, Spezza’s agent Rick Curran said, “I really can’t say one way or another. Nashville was on Jason’s list that we put together a while ago and without the benefit of a crystal ball, I can’t say. Call me in three or four days and we might have a better answer.†"

This sounds like codespeak to me for "Jason's planning on being dealt to St. Louis, but if they get Stastny, we may take whatever offer is out there."

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Some of these posts are like reading a heartbroken teenage boys mind...she'll come back, she really loves me, it's not over. People, Spezza put Nashville on his no trade list, he reaffirmed that stance with the latest offer, and any future offer, he will say it again. Move the heck on from Spezza.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Some of these posts are like reading a heartbroken teenage boys mind...she'll come back, she really loves me, it's not over. People, Spezza put Nashville on his no trade list, he reaffirmed that stance with the latest offer, and any future offer, he will say it again. Move the heck on from Spezza.
I don't really give a **** whether he comes here or not. I just think he and his agent have painted themselves purposely into a situation that considers one specific team, which will have some interesting ramifications if that team goes and signs Stastny instead on July 1.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
he reaffirmed that stance with the latest offer, and any future offer

Not true. Spezza put us on his list last summer (likely because we just finished nearly dead last in the league) and has not been asked to adjust his list yet. His agent just said (look up 4 posts) that may change in a few days. I agree it's a long shot and unlikely, but I'd surely welcome him if he were to change his mind.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
At this point I don't really want him cause he will be gone after a year even if he changes his mind for this season. The reason I think its done either way is he and Murray both ticked Poile off and he will just move on.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
At this point I don't really want him cause he will be gone after a year even if he changes his mind for this season. The reason I think its done either way is he and Murray both ticked Poile off and he will just move on.

Why would he accept a trade here if he didn't want to be here?

I do agree with your last sentence. Poile definitely acted like it was totally over given that he didn't even attempt to sell Nashville to Spezza.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
If Spezza didn't want to come here a year ago or a few days ago why should Nashville settle for being the 20th choice. I totally agree with Poile and screw him. You can't have teams and players seeing Nashville as being so desperate they are going to beg a guy to change his mind.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If Spezza didn't want to come here a year ago or a few days ago why should Nashville settle for being the 20th choice. I totally agree with Poile and screw him. You can't have teams and players seeing Nashville as being so desperate they are going to beg a guy to change his mind.

I kind of think Poile's displeasure about the whole thing has less to do with Spezza and more to do with Murray opening his yap. Poile tends to be one to do things rather quietly. I also wonder if Murray led him to believe that Spezza would change his mind, which would also explain some of the disgust as well.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006

Again, Spezza was never asked a few days ago. Read the LeBrun and Campbell articles. A lot can happen in 1 year.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Again, Spezza was never asked a few days ago. Read the LeBrun and Campbell articles. A lot can happen in 1 year.

What are you talking about? Spezza's GM and Poile we're talking about a trade 2 days ago, and Spezza said no to coming here. Please let Spezza go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad