MDSF Thread: Columbus vs. Pittsburgh (All general series talk here)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Does the CBJ call up a few players from Springfield for the playoffs?

Nah, we already have two extra D (Nikitin/Schultz, Prout) and many extra F's when Foligno and Umberger return. I think we're good

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I feel like in my drunken state I am a super negative nancy...
Our team hasn't shown a second gear so I expect us to get beat 4-1... I hope the team makes me look like an idiot for predicting that.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Jackets will be without Nathan Horton, Nick Foligno and R.J. Umberger for at least the start of the playoffs. Horton is out for sure. Umberger seems highly unlikely for the start, too. Foligno is going to skate on Sunday for the first time since hurting his knee. Even if it feels good, he may need a week or so to get up to speed. That's 1,766 NHL games out of the lineup and three guys with playoff experience. As it stands, the most seasoned forward is Brandon Dubinsky, who played in his 498th NHL game tonight.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...s/2014/04/game-82-let-the-playoffs-begin.html

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Dead horse + water under the bridge = no one's going to post it, but I will.

I'd feel better if Gaborik was on this roster.

:shakehead

DSL, we weren't going to sign him next year, so why not pay a bunch of his remaining salary this year and get a second instead of enjoying his big game and playoff experience and the multiple points he'd put up this series?

obviously :sarcasm:

Gaborik would be a HUGE addition to our roster in these playoffs. But at least we'll get to see him put up numbers for Jeff Carter's LA Kings!

Thanks, Jarmo

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
:shakehead

DSL, we weren't going to sign him next year, so why not pay a bunch of his remaining salary this year and get a second instead of enjoying his big game and playoff experience and the multiple points he'd put up this series?

obviously :sarcasm:

Gaborik would be a HUGE addition to our roster in these playoffs. But at least we'll get to see him put up numbers for Jeff Carter's LA Kings!

Thanks, Jarmo

Being snarky is grounds for dismissal from The Believe Train

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
So basically all the guys we got "for the playoffs" are hurt? C'mon and man up guys!

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
This is so weird.

giphy.gif

TeutonicDevil

Apr 10, 2012
Wismar
Plenty of room on the CBJ bandwagon. Everyone is welcome!

Ok, I'll join then. CBJ have been my second favourite team for some years now.
I'm glad the Jackets play Pittsburgh instead of Boston. We should be able to keep the games close and outwork them. If Bob wins the goalie matchup, it should be a good series.

RBarRegular

May 20, 2009
Senecaville
Game 1: Pens come out smokin'. Pitt 5 CBJ 1
Game 2: CBJ win stunner in OT. CBJ 2 Pitt 1
Game 3: Pens roll. Pitt 4 CBJ 0
Game 4: CBJ late. CBJ 3 Pitt 2
Game 5: Pens exert their will. Pitt 5 CBJ 1
Game 6: Jackets counted out but rally to win. CBJ 3 Pitt 2
Game 7: ?

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I've said it a couple of times before, but my bar for this being a successful year was for the CBJ to make the playoffs and win a playoff game at NWA. The first part is complete and the second part is definitely do-able against the Pens.

Past that, I think they have a real shot at an upset here and I'm excited to see what happens.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
CBJ can't be in awe of the playoff vibe and give too much respect to the Pens. Pens are a very good team but don't make them better by defending against their potent offense for 60 min. Attack them and punch them in the mouth.

For me, the key is playing 5 vs 5 hockey. Of we are killing penalties we are losing badly. I think the cbj has the advantage in goal and at center(top to bottom overall, not necessarily best player). Let's hope for a packed house of CBJ fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad