Post-Game Talk: MDSF, Gm. 1: Flyers at Capitals, Thursday, April 14; Couturier out two weeks

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
If Jakes drops down to line 2 with Schenn and Raffl, then someone with skill has to move up.

That leaves Gagner, who is weak...Laughton, who was just scratched, Read, who has been bad, and....

...seriously....Laughton might be the best option.
Raffl - Giroux - Voracek
Gagner - Schenn - Simmonds

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Well, we'll find out tomorrow. This is trial by fire for Hak. Maybe Mason can steal one for us.

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
I'd play Weal or Leier at this point over Jake.

Dude has been abysmal.

Either way its a win win.

If hes hurt he gets to sit and get healthy and if hes not he wont hinder the team anymore.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
I'd play Weal or Leier at this point over Jake.

Dude has been abysmal.

Either way its a win win.

If hes hurt he gets to sit and get healthy and if hes not he wont hinder the team anymore.

I would too but it ain't gonna happen. He's been absolutely brutal and is doing nothing but hurting the team.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
If Jakes drops down to line 2 with Schenn and Raffl, then someone with skill has to move up.

That leaves Gagner, who is weak...Laughton, who was just scratched, Read, who has been bad, and....

...seriously....Laughton might be the best option.

Gagner is the man. Honestly, no idea why people hate on him so much. He's no Giroux but he's got something.

Mike2000z28

Dec 13, 2009
Philly, now montreal
A part of me obviously is upset, but in reality how upset can i be or we be as fans of this team? I mean we are playing the Top team in points in the league and they scored a fluky goal and one nice goal. It is a slow agonizing loss and probably will be a sweep especially since Coots is out, but this rag tag bunch managed to make the playoffs when noone thought that was possible and got in playing a neutered Pittsburgh. I still say they are worn down and beat.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
A part of me obviously is upset, but in reality how upset can i be or we be as fans of this team? I mean we are playing the Top team in points in the league and they scored a fluky goal and one nice goal. It is a slow agonizing loss and probably will be a sweep especially since Coots is out, but this rag tag bunch managed to make the playoffs when noone thought that was possible and got in playing a neutered Pittsburgh. I still say they are worn down and beat.

More than anything, I am just disappointed that Couts got hurt which really removed most hope of any upset. Plus, he had a great season and helped us get where we are and got to play 1 period. I wanted him to get the experience too.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Keys to the series were Mason being great, Couturier being a dominant two way force, and the PP getting hot. It was pretty deflating to have two of the three pretty much ruled out after half of the first game.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Folks, it's called "Depth," we ain't got it right now.

I'm watching Gagner, if he continues to step it up in this series he may win himself an extension, still not "hard as nails," but far more physical than he was in September - may be an example of a kid finally learning what it takes to stick in the NHL.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Back to Wilson for a moment. If he was a Flyer, he would be getting ten to twenty game suspensions for the trash that he pulls on the ice (See the way that the league treated Rinaldo). If the League doesn't do something about him soon, he's going to hurt an opponent real bad. If he runs a Flyer tonight, its time for Gudas to blow up Backstrom or Oshie. The same goes for that POS Orpik. This head hunting has not place in the game. I am all for solid checking but deliberately attempting to injure is another thing.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Folks, it's called "Depth," we ain't got it right now.

I'm watching Gagner, if he continues to step it up in this series he may win himself an extension, still not "hard as nails," but far more physical than he was in September - may be an example of a kid finally learning what it takes to stick in the NHL.

He knew all along, he's just physically weak compared to most other NHL'ers. I don't dislike Gagner, and you're right in stating that he'll play because we really don't have a choice. He's also incredibly tricky to enter the zone with, always seems to delay too much or make one move too many. Puts guys offside with regularity...he normally won't pass up a shot though so that's something I guess.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Back to Wilson for a moment. If he was a Flyer, he would be getting ten to twenty game suspensions for the trash that he pulls on the ice (See the way that the league treated Rinaldo). If the League doesn't do something about him soon, he's going to hurt an opponent real bad. If he runs a Flyer tonight, its time for Gudas to blow up Backstrom or Oshie. The same goes for that POS Orpik. This head hunting has not place in the game. I am all for solid checking but deliberately attempting to injure is another thing.

One of the reasons I'm hoping Flyers manage to snag Max Jones this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad