Post-Game Talk: MDSF, Game 4: Capitals at Flyers, Wednesday, April 20; Laughton update in post #1

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Must be nice to get away with infractions all the time. Flyers will never have that luxury.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
love all the attention from the caps org on bschenn's hit
just means we're up in their heads, they're distracted from the ultimate goal
we get the first goal tonight, they'll be even more off their game

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Sports Talk on CSN here in DC has decided that Schenn's crosscheck is the most embarassing, dirty hockey play they have ever seen.

They're being dead serious.

The game has become so soft that fans these days think that Schenn's "love tap" is akin to some murderous act

These were the real days of violence and cross checks...heck Tim Kerr had a shortened career from all the crosschecks to his shoulders and his body in general...

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The game has become so soft that fans these days think that Schenn's "love tap" is akin to some murderous act

These were the real days of violence and cross checks...heck Tim Kerr had a shortened career from all the crosschecks to his shoulders and his body in general...

LeClair's spine is probably curved inward from the thousands of crosschecks he absorbed endlessly.

I just love the hypocrisy. Like, they're aware Burakovsky did something just as bad and possibly even worse, right?

In general they're acting like this is some filthy series. It's been pretty damned tame. Our last Buffalo series was more of a ****show than this.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
LeClair's spine is probably curved inward from the thousands of crosschecks he absorbed endlessly.

I just love the hypocrisy. Like, they're aware Burakovsky did something just as bad and possibly even worse, right?

In general they're acting like this is some filthy series. It's been pretty damned tame. Our last Buffalo series was more of a ****show than this.

I guess they are just trying to game the refs when it comes down to it ....knowing how deadly their PP is.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They need to be worried about buckling down and finishing off a crippled, worn out team. The rest of this is a distraction. They're being very Penguinsy.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
:laugh: That's exactly what would happen. I can't remember what the last one was, but I remember people calling for a police investigation on a normal hit, nothing even remotely close to this.

Last I two I remember involved Chara and Cooke.

One was a hit on a Canadian a while ago, think it led to the change of curved glass at the end of the benches. The other involved a (Pens) Cooke hit on Karlsson, cause Eugene Melnyk to blow his top.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
i thought the crosscheck was nicer than the usual stick in the back of the knees. sounds less painful than getting speared there with the tip of a blade, which happens all the time. i'd take that 100/100 times over burakovsky's slash in the arm too. these guys are clowns.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Last I two I remember involved Chara and Cooke.

One was a hit on a Canadian a while ago, think it led to the change of curved glass at the end of the benches. The other involved a (Pens) Cooke hit on Karlsson, cause Eugene Melnyk to blow his top.

That would be the Chara late hit on Pacioretty that fracture his spine.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
How is that ''slash'' Schenn gave Kusnentssosovov (dont care enough to spell it right) any different than the one Richards gave to Laughton after Laughton made that late but harmless hit?

Do you see the Flyers asking the league to review that? I mean, how petty can the Caps be...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad