Post-Game Talk: MDSF, Game 4: Capitals at Flyers, Wednesday, April 20; Laughton update in post #1

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm expecting/hoping/wishing/praying he'll be just the 7th if he's back.

Like you said, MDZ and Provorov should make it nearly impossible for him to be in the top 6. I can't imagine him playing over MDZ, Ghost, Gudas, or Provorov. Schultz and Streit should be safe too but who knows... Ideally Streit gets fired to the moon in the offseason.

Honestly he might not even make the team when all is said & done but I think he's definitely getting extended. Hextall's pretty big on not letting spots open for camp/preseason so keeping a cheap flexible contract around in Manning who's played in the NHL makes sense on that front.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Honestly he might not even make the team when all is said & done but I think he's definitely getting extended. Hextall's pretty big on not letting spots open for camp/preseason so keeping a cheap flexible contract around in Manning who's played in the NHL makes sense on that front.

Hopefully Hextall doesn't see a need to extend him since MDZ and Provorov will be available. If we need a defensemen because of injury there's always Morin or Sanheim (although he'll probably try to avoid using the latter).

Claude28Giroux

praiseG
Apr 3, 2008
Lewiston, NY
Why re-sign him, even with Streit being out?

Morin, Ghost, Provorov, MDZ, Gudas, Schultz and someone like Alt could step above Manning, especially since Alt can at least play right D and has shown to be a better D-man in the AHL than Manning. Not necessarily offensive, but defensively.

Get him a cheap 2 way contract as a 7th man I see nothing wrong with that.

Ideally Streit gets fired to the moon in the offseason.

My god one can hope

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Sports Talk on CSN here in DC has decided that Schenn's crosscheck is the most embarassing, dirty hockey play they have ever seen.

They're being dead serious.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sports Talk on CSN here in DC has decided that Schenn's crosscheck is the most embarassing, dirty hockey play they have ever seen.

They're being dead serious.

So I guess the hosts on there watch the same amount of hockey as the ones in Philly, huh?

Must be why they seem to only acknowledge hockey as a last resort after beating every other sport to death.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
ManningGoal_3_21-2.gif

Never forget!

He probably has that goal in his highlight tape for free agency...

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Flyers from past and present as Thomas characters:

Kimmo Timonen = Edward (absolute boss but older and slowing down.)
Danny Briere = Percy (everyone underestimates him, he is undersized, but clutch.)
Chris Pronger = Gordon (massive ego and a snide *******... but is actually a monster who can do anything.)
Claude Giroux = Duck (super smart, people underrate just how dirty he can play from his charming outer demeanour.)
Daniel Carcillo = James (nut-job who thinks he is amazing at everything and thinks he is tough as nails. But he is not and everyone just laughs at him.)
Joni Pitkanen = Henry (big and could be a monster if he had his head on straight... but mentally a mess.)
Simon Gagne = Thomas (good at everything and everyone loves him.)
Michael Raffl = Boco (seems a nice guy from a far away place... but is a machine who does all the little things right.)

I should go to sleep...

You are the best of us, an exonerated example of excellence.

I love the Flyers so much, I now want to watch Thomas cartoons. James is my least favorite character.

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
Never forget!

He probably has that goal in his highlight tape for free agency...

He almost score like that on Holtby last game, he made a great move through a defender and wired a shot at the net. With that and the hit on Wilson, he played a solid game.

Tweek2378

Sep 19, 2015
NJ
Love the high horse comments by Caps fans in that article who conveniently forget the jab to the ribs Ghost took and the plethora of other Wilson hits. As far as worst in history, what about the Letang chop to the neck the other night, no one mentions that?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Love the high horse comments by Caps fans in that article who conveniently forget the jab to the ribs Ghost took and the plethora of other Wilson hits. As far as worst in history, what about the Letang chop to the neck the other night, no one mentions that?

Hey now...that was not Letangs fault. The stick touched the boards and teh tape grabbed the boards this thrusting the stick like a pendulum and Stalberg just happened to be in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

Nothing Letang could do to stop it really.

Well, at least that it what I have been told happened by Pens fans. And apparently, the NHL agrees.

As for the Schenn crosscheck....I admit that I have never seen a standing guy crosscheck someones knee. Is it so much different than the lower back, shoulders, ard, etc...

It just looked weird as hell.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I got to say though, the Caps' fanbase is ridiculously soft. I've been getting **** from friends all week about how dirty the Flyers are. My only response is "so what?" We're the Flyers supposed to just let the Caps walk over them to the second round?

Tweek2378

Sep 19, 2015
NJ
Hey now...that was not Letangs fault. The stick touched the boards and teh tape grabbed the boards this thrusting the stick like a pendulum and Stalberg just happened to be in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

Nothing Letang could do to stop it really.

Well, at least that it what I have been told happened by Pens fans. And apparently, the NHL agrees.

As for the Schenn crosscheck....I admit that I have never seen a standing guy crosscheck someones knee. Is it so much different than the lower back, shoulders, ard, etc...

It just looked weird as hell.

Yep - not defending what he did by any stretch and I try not to view things with orange glasses just get annoyed with the hypocrisy

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I got to say though, the Caps' fanbase is ridiculously soft. I've been getting **** from friends all week about how dirty the Flyers are. My only response is "so what?" We're the Flyers supposed to just let the Caps walk over them to the second round?

Sooooo much irony.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad