Post-Game Talk: MDSF, Game 3: Capitals at Flyers, Monday, April 18; Bellemare suspended 1 game

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah, this is the one year I'd bet against the choke. Best team they've had in a very long time, better built for playoffs and better coached than what they had under Bruce.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Id hate to be Lappy or Mullen right now. I don't know if both go but one of them is likely gonna take the hit for the **** show that is called our special teams units.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Lappy is the obvious one to be shuttled aside into some other role.

Yeah I think he's the more obvious of the two but both seats are probably feeling some heat right now. Mullen only has this year as a blemish on his resume to this point. A thing working against them other than the obvious is that Hakstol & Hextall don't have any allegiance to either them as both were hold overs from previous tenures.

Hextall's been slowly filling in his guys into the coaching staff both with the Flyers & Phantoms since taking over (Murphy, Hakstol, Dillabaugh, Robinson, & Gordon). Hopefully the trend continues as I think new faces are needed (it won't magically make issues go away but it's start towards correcting the situation).

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Id hate to be Lappy or Mullen right now. I don't know if both go but one of them is likely gonna take the hit for the **** show that is called our special teams units.

I think both should go. Mullen's PP strategy involves no one standing in front of the goalie to screen for shots. Almost everything is kept to the outside and not that much movement of the actual players. It's kind of passive aggressive at best in terms of how it's set up and is easily predictable when you don't change the plan.

Lappy making the PKers being very passive and choosing the wrong players for PKing hurts it overall. The fact the players aren't aggressive towards any of the players, giving the players **** tons of room and basically resorts to zombie-D really hurts the ability to get the puck and get it out of the zone. The fact it's basically always resulting in closing more in on Mason and only trying to block passing lanes to the middle results in screens and unexpected redirections right on net. It doesn't work and he should be gone.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I was a bit surprised Lappy wasn't canned last year, this, if anything, cements he should be let go.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah I think he's the more obvious of the two but both seats are probably feeling some heat right now. Mullen only has this year as a blemish on his resume to this point. A thing working against them other than the obvious is that Hakstol & Hextall don't have any allegiance to either them as both were hold overs from previous tenures.

Hextall's been slowly filling in his guys into the coaching staff both with the Flyers & Phantoms since taking over (Murphy, Hakstol, Dillabaugh, Robinson, & Gordon). Hopefully the trend continues as I think new faces are needed (it won't magically make issues go away but it's start towards correcting the situation).

Mullen is an interesting case. He can point to Voracek's injury, rightly, as being a hard thing to overcome. We didn't really have anybody to put in his spot who can do what he does, and that really restricted the PP to the left side and up top with Ghost. Pretty predictable, but hard to get around without a skilled forward to put there.

PP2 likely works against him though. I don't think I need to rehash the several alternative systems proposed using our current roster that would seem superior on paper. Not sure why that's stayed the same endlessly.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Mullen is an interesting case. He can point to Voracek's injury, rightly, as being a hard thing to overcome. We didn't really have anybody to put in his spot who can do what he does, and that really restricted the PP to the left side and up top with Ghost. Pretty predictable, but hard to get around without a skilled forward to put there.

PP2 likely works against him though. I don't think I need to rehash the several alternative systems proposed using our current roster that would seem superior on paper. Not sure why that's stayed the same endlessly.

If he's around for next year, Mullen should do something like this for the 2nd PP:

---------Goalie---------
---------Couts---------
Konecny-------Caggiula/xxxx
----Provorov----MDZ

It actually makes both of our PP units dangerous.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If he's around for next year, Mullen should do something like this for the 2nd PP:

---------Goalie---------
---------Couts---------
Konecny-------Caggiula/xxxx
----Provorov----MDZ

It actually makes both of our PP units dangerous.

:laugh:

Caligula may need to be signed first, methinks. And I have no idea why he'd do that after last night.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa

Hockey Play

After a thorough review we can find no basis to impose supplemental discipline. This was a hockey play. In reviewing this play, we also took into consideration that it's the playoffs. We did think about it though. We were very close. Like really close.

The wheel was wrong this time. Although, if one looks at it from the OPS point of view, this is actually like a two game ban, since playoff games are more important than regular season games. So, hopefully, Bellemare dresses in game 5, and drops some sucker like he did to Farnham.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
All the reasons we give for this hit deserving a suspension also apply to Wilson's hit on MacDonald in game one but we are under orders not to suspend him until he kills someone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad