GDT: MDSF #2 - 04/20/14 | Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Rangers | 12:00 - NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2012
NY
They need to be quicker in their own zone. Lost way too many puck battles. And then some forechecking would be nice.

InwoodBlueNYC

Sep 23, 2013
NYC
$8.5 Mill goalies have to step it up in the playoffs PERIOD.

And the $2 backup goalie at the other end of the ice is coming up with the big saves for his team.
We all know that you need a hot goalie in the playoffs. Right now Lundy is just lukewarm.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
Plenty of blame to go around. Hank, McD, Girardi, and every forward not named Zucc, Stepan, or MSL have to be better in the third.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Yep that 4-3 power play was a joke. That being said go all out for 20. They can win this third period .

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
Everybody needs to better. Hank isn't up to par, and the D sucks ass today. Don't get me started on the forwards....

valence

Nov 16, 2008
Ryan McD seems tentative...not yet 100% i think plus all the dmen are having a horrible game...flyers just hitting them in our zone and losing puck possession...if Hank plays well in the third we have a chance to win

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I might be McDonagh's biggest advocate on this board, but Voracek's goal was a result of him circling McDonagh. How is that Hank's fault?

The scoring chance wasn't Lundqvist's fault. But Lundqvist committed to the short side, didn't take away the slot, and got zero push across the crease (check out his left skateblade on the replay). We're paying Lundqvist to bail out his defense. This year. And next year.

NYRANGERAMI*

AV doesn't yell. But you can bet he's chewing his gum really hard at them right now.

Lmaoooo... I enjoy a piece of bubble yum every now and then, but i cant walk and chew at the same time. Woe is me... LGR!!!!!!!!!!!

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Well, yeah. But no one is defending the defense. A couple ARE defending Hank;s laughable performance on the 3rd goal.
Laughable would've been to allow the initial shot. Get a grip. Zuccarello missed his man for once. Yes, bad rebound, but that's where a good defense are supposed to clear it, like they usually do.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This is part we hear about how good the rangers are in the 3rd.. and they fail to even tie it

They're good in the 3rd when they're not down (usually). When they're down they either look fantastic but can't score or look awful and can't score.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The scoring chance wasn't Lundqvist's fault. But Lundqvist committed to the short side, didn't take away the slot, and got zero push across the crease. We 're paying Lundqvist to bail out his defense from time to time. This year. And next year.

Agreed. Hank's positioning was off on that goal for sure. He completely missed the post for the push off (his left leg was in front of the post and not on it). And the lack of poke check was really puzzling.

Although I think he just kind of fell over since he missed the post.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
I never get on Lundqvist, but the bottom line with him is, he has not made a big save in this game.

As far as Nash, I see why folks call him overrated. With his talent, he should be one of the best players on ice. Yet he's invisible way too much.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Yep, same "shtick" in game one.

You definitely don't have an agenda or anything.

Game one was wonderful.

But tell me I'm wrong.

I refuse to believe that McD is healthy. What we've seen since he came back is not the McDeity that we watched all season. There has to be an explanation.

Klein I don't have an explanation for. I don't know what he's doing out there.

Zucc is our hardest working forward. Again. Nash is absent, Stepan is doing his ninja thing (he gets on the board, so I don't even mind). MSL, I normally **** all over, but he's won nearly every 1 on 1 battle tonight. The team needs to follow his lead.

And yeah. Hanks been awful tonight. He's got to be our lord and savior for this team to do anything, and he can be. Right now, he hasn't been.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Game one was wonderful.

But tell me I'm wrong.

I refuse to believe that McD is healthy. What we've seen since he came back is not the McDeity that we watched all season. There has to be an explanation.

Zucc is our hardest working forward. Again. Nash is absent, Stepan is doing his ninja thing (he gets on the board, so I don't even mind). MSL, I normally **** all over, but he's won nearly every 1 on 1 battle tonight. The team needs to follow his lead.

And yeah. Hanks been awful tonight. He's got to be our lord and savior for this team to do anything, and he can be. Right now, he hasn't been.

I think your descriptuion of the "forwards feeling sorry for themselves" is crap. They need to finish on their chances, it's that simple, and it should not be put any other way, especially a ridiculous way like that.

The defense definitely needs to be better, and I have faith that they can be. Considering the fact that they still don't surrender many shots overall, Hank absolutely MUST step up, and make a big ****ing save when we need it, for once this season. Been waiting for these saves all year, and they almost never come.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Game one was wonderful.

But tell me I'm wrong.

McD looked fantastic last game after the first. His play on the third goal was absolutely incredible.

And this isn't 2011, the Rangers don't need Hank to be god in order to "do anything."

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Rangers have not been good enough 5-5. Lundquivst went down too early on the first goal, defense probably should of taken a penalty there...

3rd goal rebound was bad...

Emery has been better, but the Rangers are putting the puck right on him...

Rangers will tie it up and win 4-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad