GDT: MDSF #2 - 04/20/14 | Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Rangers | 12:00 - NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Why are so many people making excuses for Hank? He's playing like ****. He's being paid more than any goalie in the league, so you expect him to be the best. Even if he's not the best, I expect him to give the team a chance to win. Its the playoffs, he's being outplayed by a below average back up in this league and he's supposed to be the best in the league. Think about that.

For the millionth time, his new contract starts. next. year.

And I'm so sick of this "being outplayed by" other goalies. They're not shooting on one another. They're not defending against one another. The skaters need to score. The skaters need to get good chances.

The flyers ended the season just under the Rangers, while having a way worse defense. Why? Because their offense is good. Here is it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I can't remember the last time I was confident in the Rangers coming back, it's been seasons. The Rangers tend to play frustrating 3rd periods when down by 1. I wonder how many posts we'll hit and empty nets we'll miss THIS time. Ugh.

Pathiic

Mar 13, 2014
Norway
All talk about hank failing? How about the defense? anyone even noticing how bad they are playing this game?

GFiP*

This is part we hear about how good the rangers are in the 3rd.. and they fail to even tie it

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

And I'm so sick of this "being outplayed by" other goalies. They're not shooting on one another. They're not defending against one another. The skaters need to score. The skaters need to get good chances.

The flyers ended the season just under the Rangers, while having a way worse defense. Why? Because their offense is good. Here is it.

And I'm so sick of the other goalie having a great game and Lundqvist being mediocre, ALL SEASON. Emery stepped his game up, Lundqvist was playoff Lundqvist.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Mark my words unless the Rangers ice an offense like Chicago, they will not win the cup with Lundqvist in net ever. The guy is not a good playoff goalie. He has an amazing penchant for coming up small in huge situations. That 3rd goal was all Lundqvist. I'm wasting over a decade of my life watching him choke this team out of the playoffs.
You only live in the moment, huh?

NYRANGERAMI*

Headline tomorrow " Rangers tie game with 0.2 left in 3rd. Win in OT on penalty shot"

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
And there's an argument that he's at least partially at fault for two of the three goals this game (misplaying the poke on the Voracek goal and the laughably bad rebound on the 3rd goal).

I might be McDonagh's biggest advocate on this board, but Voracek's goal was a result of him circling McDonagh. How is that Hank's fault?

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
not a goof day for Hank but that 4 on 3 powerplay was as bad as you can get. They just passed back and forth for the whole pp

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

Rangers are getting plenty of chances. Emery has made several very goods saves to bail out his defense. More than Lundqvist has done for his defense.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
And I'm so sick of the other goalie having a great game and Lundqvist being mediocre, ALL SEASON. Emery stepped his game up, Lundqvist was playoff Lundqvist.

Yeah, all season. That's why his numbers are what they are. Because he sucks so much.

You do this every single game that Hank puts on anything but a clinic. I've heard this song and dance a million times.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Nash is a dumb player. No initiative. We need him to move his feet next period. He's key.

Philly are putting the puck deep on our Ds, and they have not been able to fetch it and get up ice again. They have been extremely passive, especially McD-Girardi. Far from good enough.

Don't trash our forwards, they get nothing to work with...

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I agree with you there. But these things happen to every goalie. People act like only Lundqvist has these types of games. I tend to give Lundqvist the benefit of the doubt for all the times he's coming up big for us. After the shutout in game 6 and 7 last year, he gets ripped in the next round for playing awful like the rest of the team.

Yeah, but the thing is those other goalies don't have guys who say that they've never, ever let in a bad goal. Like I said, just stroll over to the Debbies board on a Brodeur start. They have just ripped the guy. And he's the best player ever on that team.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

Why are you sick of people bringing up Hank getting outplayed by the other goalie? It's happened numerous times this season, and considering the fact that we generally hail him as the best goalie in the league, expectations are higher. It's something that is brought up all around the league. Goalie matchups are incredibly important.

theJUMPER

Feb 25, 2012
No goalie is going to come up with saves where the puck is deflected 5 ft in front of him to a wide open player sitting there with an open net.

Henrik is not getting outplayed.

My only criticism is that he could've poke checked that 1st goal. Otherwise he's been fine, it's the skating of this team that has them behind right now.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
They got away from the puck movement and skating that was making them so successful. The possession isn't there.

They keep losing key faceoffs today.

Have to win faveoffs. Have to possess the puck. Have to get Emery moving side-to-side again.

Always been subpar on face offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad