GDT: MDSF #2 - 04/20/14 | Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Rangers | 12:00 - NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfy*

Oh well...

Its our famous lack of toffniss, they're beatin us up. It actually looks funny.

We need some magical stuff from Zucc in the 3rd.

surGeon

Mar 4, 2011
Lundquist is having a bad game. It happens. Can you [mod: people] relax? We're still outplaying them and the only reason they've caught up is because the refs suck so hard that NASA should get in there and harness the suction for infinite clean energy.

Last edited by a moderator:

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Emery was real good in the 2nd, keep getting those chances, and they will get two more by him. D and Hank need to tighten it up. Don't quit on this one yet guys.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
NYR don't generate enough goals on rebounds and goal mouth scrums with the build of this team any more. I'd advocate going for one in the third, but that's not what the team is built for any more.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
For the millionth time, his new contract starts. next. year.

And I'm so sick of this "being outplayed by" other goalies. They're not shooting on one another. They're not defending against one another. The skaters need to score. The skaters need to get good chances.

I don't care when his new contract starts. When you pay him that kind of money, you expect him to play like a player who deserves that contract.

Hank needs to realize the situation, and step up. Emery realized the situation. He knew that he couldn't give up any more goals if his team was going to have a chance, and he played a great period. He stood on his head, while Hank played like a lazy bum.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Callagraves is a guy that thinks we're worse than our record, despite the fact that we have one of the best goal differentials in the league, one of the best possession teams in the league despite our horrible start, and we outplay the other team on a constant basis. I take his opinion with a grain of salt.

GFiP*

No goalie is going to come up with saves where the puck is deflected 5 ft in front of him to a wide open player sitting there with an open net.

Henrik is not getting outplayed.

My only criticism is that he could've poke checked that 1st goal. Otherwise he's been fine, it's the skating of this team that has them behind right now.

So you thought it was good that he was standing outside the crease like that? Really?

He didn't give HIMSELF a chance.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I never get on Lundqvist, but the bottom line with him is, he has not made a big save in this game.

As far as Nash, I see why folks call him overrated. With his talent, he should be one of the best players on ice. Yet he's invisible way too much.

That first goal is the one he should have had. Need to take away the ice on a break-away, he was out of position to start with, almost past the first post.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Lundquist is having a bad game. It happens. Can you relax? We're still outplaying them and the only reason they've caught up is because the refs suck so hard that NASA should get in there and harness the suction for infinite clean energy.

We are definitely not outplaying them. Their forecheck was way more effective than ours in the 2nd period.

Last edited by a moderator:

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Hank absolutely MUST step up, and make a big ****ing save when we need it, for once this season. Been waiting for these saves all year, and they almost never come.

this is the issue right here. Flyers have stepped up there game. Lundqvist had hardly any work last game...

he NEEDS to make a big save or two. he's a superstar in his position, but i'm seeing time after time, when it counts this guy does not come through...

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I don't care when his new contract starts. When you pay him that kind of money, you expect him to play like a player who deserves that contract.

Hank needs to realize the situation, and step up. Emery realized the situation. He knew that he couldn't give up any more goals if his team was going to have a chance, and he played a great period. He stood on his head, while Hank played like a lazy bum.

Apparently nobody cares when his contract starts when its pointed out that its next year, but everyone cares when they mistakenly say he's on it this year day after day after day.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hank being just OK is good enough for some of these people, I guess.

I've said it all season. He really hasn't been that bad. I think he's had an okay season, but for a player that just got a contract with a yearly salary higher than any other goalie, he needs to step up and play like he deserves the money he got, otherwise it was a bad investment.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
How quickly those "only Staal and G came to play" faded out. Easier to pin the game on one player.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
See what? Why do you think the Flyer threw hit right into his pads from that angle? Have you ever tried swallowing a puck with the pad when you make a kick save? You can't do it. Where do you think it'll end up? In the stands?

It actually hit his stick. And plenty of goalies eat up those rebounds. Hank's rebound control has been horrendous since he has been a Ranger.

But he's your Swedish hero so he can do no wrong, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad