MDF: Game 7 | Washington Capitals at New York Rangers - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
if you are the captain and guarantee a win and even reconfirm it, that' creating pressure, so yes he deserves this.

no cup for chokechkin

How laughable. You think the team wasn't feeling maximum pressure going into Game 7 without a guarantee? That this would've been a ho-hum cakewalk without it?

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
captains needs to drive and motivate their teams, but guarantees like that are in the dressing room. publicly it's a different story

Except he never said the word GUARANTEE. The word GUARANTEE is required for it to be a GUARANTEE.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
how? they spent a lot of the game in their own zone. without lundqvist this was over.

Exactly. And if they some how advance to the finals it will be even worse if it's the Ducks or Hawks.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Remember when I said if the Rangers win Game 5 then they win the series and everyone mocked me? Well....

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Caps looked like the better team, Rangers just remind me of last years team. I don't think they have what it takes to win a championship.

caps play like the west. big strong teams that hit. if the rangers advance to the finals its over again

Red Dread

Oct 19, 2011
Maryland
Love Caps being called chokejobs. They completely dominated OT after an even game, and two other even games prior to that.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
And he scored, while playing a good game in general.

When you make a guarantee like that you can't just "play a good game in general". You have to give a tour de force, like Messier's hat trick. That's why you pretty much never see players making those kind of statements.

Edit: also, the time to make such a guarantee, if there is one, is when your backs are against the wall and you're down and the team has something to prove. Not after you've already choked away a 3-1 lead.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
As much as I'd like to put blame on Ovie, it's not fair in this case. He played his butt off all series, offensively, hitting, etc. He was even okay on D. But he needs support players. Mike Green's a waste of money and you have a thin top 6 when it includes Laich, Brouwer and Joel Ward (no offense intended to those players).

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Rangers fans should thank the lord every night they have henrik lundqvist, he steals series on a regular basis, amazing in game 7's. Incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad