McPhee says no signings in FA

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I know rebuilding is a staple on these boards, but it doesnt apply to this team at all. Vegas is building.

Yeah Ive thought about that before. Building is technically a better term haha.

And this team won't be boring to watch imo. There's no Patrick Kane's, Erik Karlsson's, etc. but there will be about half the roster competing for lineup position / trying to carve out a career for themselves / get paid

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
need to get a bunch of guys on ELC if they're going to win. Keep drafting and you'll get them eventually. Glass/Susuki/Brannstrom/Hague need to be big time players.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
It would have been nice to see Vegas take some risks this year in free agency. Lots of low risk/medium reward guys like Jagr, Hemsky, Yak, Jokinen.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
It would have been nice to see Vegas take some risks this year in free agency. Lots of low risk/medium reward guys like Jagr, Hemsky, Yak, Jokinen.

Remember - those guys have to want to sign with an expansion team. Hemsky and Jokinen signed with teams that should contend for a division title, and Yak signed with virtually the ONLY NHL team that will guarantee him a Top 6 role. And Jagr is...Jagr.

We've still got too many forwards who need waivers, so any UFA that we sign would mean that another expansion draft selection would need to go through waivers or get traded to make room - and I just don't see GMGM signing any more guys to play in the NHL.

Then we have to share our AHL team, so we can only send so many guys down as well. At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing us sign a UFA or two that is around age 23-26: a player that might be overlooked, who we could pass through waivers, in hopes that they might rebound in a different system. Names that come to mind for me would be Scott Kosmachuk (prolific junior scorer who got buried in WPG's depth chart), Casey Bailey (great college career at Penn State), or Quinton Howden (former 1st rounder who played for Gallant in Florida).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad